Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I want to start by thanking you for taking your time to check out Azula. My name is Nathan Resnick, I'm a junior at the University of San Diego and Co-Founder of Azula watches. We're creating the first-ever fabric faced watch, sourced with fabrics from around the world. Each fabric supports a underprivileged child so everytime someone buys a watch, they are helping provide food, water, and shelter to a child in need.

Check out photos of our watches here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fi5q9tf2pnlqvni/AACmv4ACRaZhlyP6skxLUITsa?dl=0

We are launching through Kickstarter on November 18th and would be thrilled to have your feedback. I know many people on Watch Freeks are more interested in mechanical/ automatic watches but think of Azula as the perfect present for your wife, daughter/son, niece/ nephew or even a fun watch to have for yourself!

To develop Azula, we looked for ways to stand out and came up with the idea of putting fabric on a watch face. People said it couldn't be done--they said the fabric was too thick and impossible to stick. After countless attempts playing with different fabrics and adhesive materials, we've found the perfect formula.

Azula was founded in San Diego by several friends. Our objective: to support a child’s life by selling watches. We started Azula to give back and create something new. Our name pays homage to Shelby’s(our philanthropy chair's) trip to the Dominican Republic—supporting these underprivileged children that she adores is the least we can do. Each fabric represents a child for a reason. We want to give back to those that don't have the joyful childhood we did. As we grow our watch line, we hope to expand the number of children we can support.

Thank you for taking your time to read this thread and I hope you will comment to let me know what you think. I also hope you’ll consider backing Azula come time for our Kickstarter campaign on November 18th. Until then, I will be happy to correspond with you via this thread, or any of the Azula Watches outlets:

www.azulawatches.com
www.facebook.com/azulawatches
www.instagram.com/azulawatches
www.twitter.com/azulawatches

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hi and welcome.
If you can upload the photos here I think you will get a higher response level.

They are certainly bright and colourful.

I would suggest if possible a couple of sizes of watch case.

For me and many others 40mm is just to small.

Welcome to the Freeks and good luck with your project.

·
11,329 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome, and for me I am just really blown away that a young person has the foresight to create something, like a watch that can help others in need. I congratulate you and look forward to helping when they become available!! Well done!!

·
Super Moderator
12,506 Posts
Hi Nathan ! :) Wow, what a super cool, as well as unique
idea here. You really don't see watches with fabric dials
out there. They look amazing, and there is a great cause
behind it as well. How can you beat that?! Such a neat
product, idea, and cause. Wishing you the best of luck !

Welcome to WF !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I appreciate you welcoming me to WF!

I tried uploading the photos directly to the thread but for some reason the links are having trouble.

In regards to different watch case sizes- for now we only have one because with different case sizes we need to open new molds and we don't have the money to do that right now :(

We go live on Kickstarter next Tuesday the 18th. Your support would mean the world to us.

Thanks again for taking your time to leave your remarks and I look forward to hearing more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts