Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY! To me the Azimuth Sea Hum is the BEST Swiss diver out there for original overall design, weight, look, style and over the top bracelet. This watch has everything that I consider great about a diver watch all in one place. Additionally, and in my humble opinion, the Sea Hum has the best lume of any watch out there period (including any of the Seiko models I have ever owned or seen. The Azimuth's lume blows them all away)

A few years ago I owned a blue dial version of the Sea Hum diver for a short time. While I loved it, I really wanted the black dial model with the bezel that showed the traditional 20-30-40-50 markers. There are a few different variations of this model with different bezels or hand colors. I eventually sold the blue dial model when chasing another.

It took me over a year to find a black dial one with the hands I wanted and bezel. Luckily one came up on this site when I had the funds available and I was able to pick it up happily.

If you have never seen one of these in person there really is nothing else like it out there from any brand (established name or micro brand)

Here are the watch details

Movement: Modified ETA 2836-2 automatic.
Functions: Date calendar, window display. Second Time Zone indicator.
Case: Solid AISI 316L Stainless steel. Combination satin/polished finish. Helium release valve.
Bezel: Uni-Directional rotating, ratcheted, 0-60 Elapsed-Time. Black color.
Crown: Sport style, screw-down (threaded). Factory Logo engraved/embossed.
Crystal: Sapphire. Anti-Glare treated with dome profile.
Dial: Black color. Luminous hour markers/dots.
Hands: Steel color. Luminous filled.
Case Back: Screw-down style ( threaded ). Factory Engraved/Raised Logo.
Band: OEM stainless steel bracelet
Clasp: Butterfly style ( hidden deployant ), center opening, with spring release. Factory Logo engraved/embossed.
Water Resistance: 1500m/4921ft/150atm.
Case Size: 45.00mm. 16.00mm.

Here are a few quick pictures I took tonight. Pretty excited to have this one back on my wrist again!

There really is no other diver like this one on the wrist.

The bracelet super heavy and awesome

And finally the lume is stunning!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Gorgeous. I've always admired these. Enjoy!!

Reactions: TVDinner

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I DO NOT own this blue one any more but here are some of my pictures of the blue model I owned a few years ago.

On top of the color being different you can see the different bezel and hands on the 3TZ model I had vs the GMT model I just picked up above.

Reactions: MikeyS and Shmurge

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very nice and as you wrote great lume. Think I liked you older blue one better - - - but that's just my preference, at this time. Slightly different bracelets on either?

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Well, you finally go the one you always wanted. Now we can stop hearing you whine about it. It is a beauty and I hope you enjoy it for many, many years to come. Congrats on obtaining it.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Dinner:
You said it bro.
IMO this watch blows away my former Grail (the Zenton M45)
Is their anything more "boss" about this watch than the yellow
black contrast? Works for the Steelers doesn't it? Everything
about this watch sez "BUY ME"!!!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Spaceview:
And what's wrong with "whining"? Lol.
I "whined" for months about not being flush with cash
when my then Grail (the EcoZilla) was available. Then when
had my pennies n dollars saved up, the Zilla was hard to find.
But another bro gave me, free gratis, his Zilla. He asked that
his ID be kept anonymous for his reasons.
I don't suggest prolonged "whining" but my case it worked.
Just glad there are bros on this form with a giving nature.That's
why I like this Forum and its admistrators and moderators best
of all.

Lou Snutt Malfunction Junction, Texas

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow. You weren't kidding about the lume. That looks amazing. I agree with you on the black dial version.

Congrats on finally getting the watch you desired. Make sure you hold on to it! Lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dinner, that is a very nice addition. Glad you found the one you so lusted after!
Seems like everything you want in a Diver just comes together with this piece.
Any Cons at all?
Congrats mate.
Cheers
Derek

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
James, these are amazing !!! :smile-thumb2: Giant congrats on getting one back in the collection. I remember that blue one, and thought that was epic, but this is extraordinary also. :clapping-hands-abov Never have seen one in person, but can see the tank-like build, mixed with incredible refinement in everything. It really seems extraordinary in every possible way ! The intimidating, mixed with classic looks is out of this world sir. Giant congratulations once again ! Enjoy James !!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow! That looks pretty stunning. Looks like quite a chunky piece as well. And yes, I agree with spiceballs... I prefer the blue one as well.

In any case, congratulations!

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Wow, the blue one looks especially tasty.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Congrats TV.

Man, you just made me want one now. I don't have a GMT in the collection too....so there's my justification ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Your review is great! So much so that I'm down right jealous and want the
same model. May or may not happen, either way very happy for you
TV Dinner. thanks for the pics and as always enjoy that bad boy!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Wow I would be proud to wear either of those, the brand is a new one to me as well. Both superb looking pieces. I enjoyed the read and pictures many thanks.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for all the nice comments everyone.

Has not left my wrist since it arrived. Just an awesome timepiece.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts