Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, everybody. I'm a simple, blue-collar guy who loves watches that are generally above my pay-grade. I'm not rich - don't make six figures or own a Porsche. I'm looking for a low-key forum where there isn't a bunch of pretentiousness. This one seems pretty solid from what I have seen. So, if you'll have me, I'll lurk around some to learn and maybe impart a cent or two here or there. Have a great day!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Howdy, jharvey! you'll find this forum more in line with what you're looking for. Welcome!

By the way, great collection!

·
11,665 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. My collection is modest but I am pleased with it. Probably going to be a while before I add another nice piece. I have always desired an Omega and now that I have bought one it's time to let the bank account recover a bit. Maybe a Breitling or Tudor down the road. I tend toward sporty watches - never worn a suit in my adult life! Nice sets as well, bentfish and #four.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome to the best damn watch forum on the interwebs! I know exactly what you mean about pretentiousness on other boards; I was a member of another board that couldn't pull the broomstick out of their collective asses long enough to realize that watch collectors come in all shapes and sizes and even wear blue jeans and a tee-shirt when buying a Rolex. Needless to say, I left there and haven't been back. :) In any case, you're going to love this forum!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the best damn watch forum on the interwebs! I know exactly what you mean about pretentiousness on other boards; I was a member of another board that couldn't pull the broomstick out of their collective asses long enough to realize that watch collectors come in all shapes and sizes and even wear blue jeans and a tee-shirt when buying a Rolex. Needless to say, I left there and haven't been back. :) In any case, you're going to love this forum!
You nailed it on the head, I believe. I don't have high taste in many things but I've been a few places in life and appreciate quality when I see it. Just so happens I have a fondness for nice watches. I don't buy them for status - I buy them because I think they're amazing little pieces of art and engineering. Well, maybe I wanted an Omega a little bit because I am a Bond fan. Maybe... Thanks for the additional welcomes, guys.

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your hopes about this forum are exactly what keeps many of us here! Great place to mutually obsess about horology regardless if you're wearing a thrift store special, or a Patek Philippe!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well you have more expensive watches than me haha. Welcome to the boards. Great group of people here. Can't wait to see your omega. I love them.

·
3,979 Posts
I know of one forum (name withheld) which for a better description, is a group
of wealthy, eliteist watch snobs.
Sorta cliquey. Post their pics on threads which are kin to a "p.... contest"
If the forum has no interest in your input, they simply ignore your comments,
assesments in toto.
Thank goodness this forum is not that one. And never will the twain meet.
This fotum has best moderators goin down tha road.
This is Lou Snutt and I approve of WatchFreeks.

·
6,117 Posts
Although I have become a little biased (because I like it here so much) this is the place you are looking for! 100% guaranteed :D The lack of pretence is exactly what makes me come back. It's not the watches you own that counts, just the fact you like watches and life makes you a valued member. So welcome!

And because I'm so modest and unpretentious I won't mention the fact that I own a Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime, an IWC II Destriero Scafusia, an
A. Lange & Söhne Grand Complication and a couple of assorted Rolexes and Audemars Piguets. Nothing special as you can see :D :D :D :D

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And because I'm so modest and unpretentious I won't mention the fact that I own a Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime, an IWC II Destriero Scafusia, an
A. Lange & Söhne Grand Complication and a couple of assorted Rolexes and Audemars Piguets. Nothing special as you can see :D :D :D :D
Yea, man, all junk! I have a sweet Timex Ironman you've never seen the like of. :p

I started out over at another "unnamed" watch forum. It wasn't my scene. Kind of felt like it just should have been "luxuryforums.com". I'm just a simple guy who inspects coal mines for a living though - what do I know? I think I found a watch home here.

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Although I have become a little biased (because I like it here so much) this is the place you are looking for! 100% guaranteed :D The lack of pretence is exactly what makes me come back. It's not the watches you own that counts, just the fact you like watches and life makes you a valued member. So welcome!

:pictures:

·
6,117 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here you go:

All three of those are pieces of pure art. Perhaps the best thing, however, is that they appear to be owned by somebody who truly appreciates that.

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
6,117 Posts
Amazing! Definitely works of art!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
But even IF I could afford them, I doubt if I would acquire them. Especially the Patek is just too much. And I'm not talking about the monetary value but about the styling, the heft and the fragility. Not your every day beater :D :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heck, I don't think we realized you were being tongue-in-cheek about owning them!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts