Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think INITIALLY it is going to be pretty high, especially if it is a full kit with multiple strap/bracelet options. Probably $1500+ is my guess.

Mike - when is it supposed to premier?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

$1500 to begin sounds right............than $119.95 three months from now!:%

CJ

TVDinner wrote:
I think INITIALLY it is going to be pretty high, especially if it is a full kit with multiple strap/bracelet options. Probably $1500+ is my guess.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I will be interested to see how fast it sells out. If it is a really limited run, like 250 - 500 of them, then they will be gone in no time. But if a lot more, like 5000, then I think they will be around and available for a while IMO.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
$1500 to begin sounds right............than $119.95 three months from now!:%

CJ

TVDinner wrote:

I hear that Ha Ha LOL!!! I think I will wait until it bottoms out and then I will search for one. It's the Invicta way LOL!!!:%:%:lol:c

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I'm not buying one, at least by basing my decison on all of the hype so far.

That valgrange movement is bone stock.The cote geneve and perlage ison all of them.also the power reserve is longer.These movements were designed to fit in larger watches.This movement has been out since 2006.It can be had in a swiss army on ebay for 499.00 new from skoda boy.

I was waiting for someone to ask about this one.The venom is rated at 1000m.The only thing that would really raise the price much is the exhibition caseback to keep the 1000m wr.but uts already has a 2000m diver with a glass caseback.So put all of the hype aside and whats left? maybe a 1200.00 watch.Certainly not the high price points that have been listed so far.Jim said north of 1500.00.thats probably correct.

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

I have to think they will go for the $995 kind of price for initial intro..than a $1250 regular price...its not a Valjoux,,and only the really knowledgeable respect that new movement, and bands and that box are pretty cheap really!! It willl be interesting!

I should note that you noticed that they NEVER lowered the SAN to the under $400 price after the intro; it stayed at $450,,,and other Invicta dealers got some and the cheapest I saw on ebay was $310.....I think the intro price will be the lowest you will see; and beiing limited, will not h ave any to clearance at the end of 2010,,,,but as for the new SAn IV,,I may wait for the end of 2010 for a better price on it.....:c

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I've tried and tried but the Venom just does not appeal to me. I wish I could put my finger on it, can't say exactly,but that's just the way I feel.

It just "looks" clumsy. Sorry.

It is a nice movement though.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

That watch is Smokin, and if they are only a few hundred sold I will venture to say they will be around $1100.00 maybe $1200.00. And worth every penny IMO!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

I actually like the Venom. I have the 5736 (black w/yellow) and wear it probably once a week. The only way I'll but another one though is if it had a 3 hander in it(2824 or SW200) on a nice clean, matte dial. It'll probably be a while before I see that, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.