Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a used Hublot from a private seller. The owner says (and sent pictures)of the authentication card and assures me it will pass the Hublotista NFC verification process (available on smartphones with NFC). My plan is to verify this myself with my phone and then take it to my watch guy for confirmation by looking at the insides.

My question is, is the Hublotista app and authentication process with Hublot pretty foolproof or is it easily "hacked"? I've read a lot about it and it appears to send an encrypted code to Hublot for verification by their servers and I don't see any mention by people of it being corruptible.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Welcome.

I personally think you would be better suited to ask Hublot this question directly.

And if that isn't good enough, maybe check out some forums that deal with higher end watches like Hublot, such as Timezone, WatchProSite or Hodinkee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Welcome.

I personally think you would be better suited to ask Hublot this question directly.

And if that isn't good enough, maybe check out some forums that deal with higher end watches like Hublot, such as Timezone, WatchProSite or Hodinkee

I would concur here. From a self-proclaimed geek's perspective the idea sounds pretty cool and fairly resistant to forgery if it is done well. With that said, there are some very clever hackers out there that eventually find a way to break all the protections we create.
Go the source.

·
6,396 Posts
There should be a canned response for questions like these. Containing keywords like: authorised dealer, manufacturer and original proof of sale. And common sense. The same goes for the 'is it real?' question. Better yet, these should go through a recognition engine, followed by an automatic delete :D

·
13,273 Posts
There should be a canned response for questions like these. Containing keywords like: authorised dealer, manufacturer and original proof of sale. And common sense. The same goes for the 'is it real?' question. Better yet, these should go through a recognition engine, followed by an automatic delete :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
When a low poster type starts off with such questions it raises my BP
OK, not really, but its something we have to live with I guess. Like the guy who sends in "free movies on this site" or make money at home metal...
Same thing is happening on other sites, saw one today on the Rolex forum. Two pictures but no serial number and same question. Must be a disgruntled person
:roll eyes:

How about requiring they at least introduce them selves or have their IP blocked after exposed?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I can honestly say that I have:

1.) Never, ever, ever, EVER seen a authentic Hublot in person. Every single one of them were obvious fakes.

b.) Never seen an authentic Hublot on a watch forum unless it was from a dealer or a member who had already proven themselves to be in the financial situation to be buying Hublots (not that I care about anyone's financial situation).

III.) Never cared for Hublots at all anyway.

·
6,396 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I can honestly say that I have:

1.) Never, ever, ever, EVER seen a authentic Hublot in person. Every single one of them were obvious fakes.

b.) Never seen an authentic Hublot on a watch forum unless it was from a dealer or a member who had already proven themselves to be in the financial situation to be buying Hublots (not that I care about anyone's financial situation).

III.) Never cared for Hublots at all anyway.
Next to Rolex they must be the most copied watch on the planet. I have also never seen one in person. They are very popular with football players and football talk show hosts. (Football = soccer). I think they are over hyped.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Next to Rolex they must be the most copied watch on the planet. I have also never seen one in person. They are very popular with football players and football talk show hosts. (Football = soccer). I think they are over hyped.

So are Bently's. Don't like them much either.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Off topic actually introduced a good point..

I remember the first time I saw one, but in a movie. Assassin kills a drug dealer type while swimming... And this watch sank to bottom of pool. It was awesome
Looking and I associated it with ostentatious in your face show off arm candy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome.

sense the other one was closed and u can stop being a dick here

Attachments

·
Registered
7,651 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts