Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone had luck finding interesting watches at an auction? If so, what did you find and do you feel you got a deal on it? Any pictures? :picFeel free to include stories of tag, yard or garage sales.

I have not bought anything in this manner. I have heard that people have had some success.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i have done well on e-bay

dealtree and others -have gotten some hard to find watches at great prices

BUT you need to be patient and also not over bid

you have to put a cap on what you'll spend on that piece and stick to it

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, I have some eBay experience also but the hunt is not the same. I'm looking more for non-internet sources. More the old fashioned way.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I have been at 2 actual auctions but the only watches they had were older Rolex watches that went for many thousands and out of my price range. I also would like to go to some live auctions with watch lots available, etc.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

My watches come from online sites I have not found watches at auction, yard sales. etc.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

actually i heard that pawn shops were good to find deals
although i have never checked myself -i'm gona have to check it out

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I would think that pawn shop would be good to check out. I still think garage sales would be good. People have watches that have been in the family and as long as they don't have the Rolex or Omega name on them not everyone knows that they may have tremendous value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts