Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your an owner of DB's Blue Tech Abyss version 1 you're advised that the
lumed numerals on the bezel can fall out. I only wear this DB fave of mine maybe 10 to 12 times a year, so it is treated with kid gloves. While wearing it
to work last week I noticed the lume to the 10 character missing. It apparently fell out. Where? Who knows, but its gone.

You can see from the pics....it ain't there no more. I contacted DB service about the issue to see if they could relume the number. Although I didn't ask for a new bezel, DB said they could not replace it because it isn't being made anymore. I can accept that, as I said I did not ask for a replacement
bezel. On the issue of relume of the numeral. I'm on my own.....

Today at 9:42 AM
Hi,
We are all out of the replacement bezels.

Have you checked with your local watch repair? They should be able to fill it in for you.

Sam

I'm not bashing DB's service they have taken care of one other problem with
another DB watch of mine with no problems. I just want any other Blue Tech
Abyss owners to be aware of this issue before it happens to you. As for my
relume problem any advice will be welcome.

Thanks Freeks

·
Registered
702 Posts
Happened to mine as well ...sent it to DB and they sent it to China .... took over 3 months to get it back. The plus was they refinished the case,bezel and bracelet so I got a "new" watch back.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
If I was the original owner I'd ask them politely to fix it at their cost.
If they refuse then it's quite simple ....never buy a DB again.

I'm surprised they don't have replacement bezels in stock.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Happened to mine as well ...sent it to DB and they sent it to China .... took over 3 months to get it back. The plus was they refinished the case,bezel and bracelet so I got a "new" watch back.
Are you sure they didn't just replace the case, bezel and bracelet? It would likely be cheaper than having a skilled worker relume the bezel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts