Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

first things first..i LOVEsalt if you have a sodium restriction dont cook this lol
I don't measure anything so most of this isaproximate

I was inspired by sechwan style long beans so here we go

1or2 LBS fresh small/thin asparagus.(not the thick stuff you have to peel)

2 tbs,olive oil,or enough to coat the asparagus in the pan

3 or so coarsely chopped garlic cloves

garlic salt

seasoned pepper

fresh ground pepper

soy sauce

the dry ingredients are to taste.i find if i shake it and make a pass it works well

2 or 3 tablespoons soy sauce

be sure to coat the asparagus in oil then add the rest of the ingredients.cook on high heat making sure not to overcook the veg.add soy last.keep moving the asparagus so they dont burn.i like mine slightly crisp feel free to cook yours however you like them.add what you like or remove what you like.i used bacon in this once and it was great.but again i love salt

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Great recipe, i'm in the salinas valley and in the industrial & ag business and get alot of produce given to me by my farmer customers!! Just got a case of artichokes and flat of strawberry this morning! going to try your asparagus recipe, we usually just boil them!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I love asparagus. I will have to get my wife to try this out. The only bad thing about asparagus is the smell it creates in your urine an hour after you eat it. I'm a major sodium addict so this will work great for me. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I like asparagus. Thanks for the recipe. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
The only bad thing about asparagus is the smell it creates in your urine an hour after you eat it.
Well then, don't smell your urine!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
The only bad thing about asparagus is the smell it creates in your urine an hour after you eat it.
Well then, don't smell your urine!
It's hard to avoid because the odor is so strong. It will light up an entire public restroom. LOL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts