Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesper Lynn: “Rolex”? Bond: “Omega!”

It came early, went looking at watches that my wife offered to purchase for me with her (now tied up in Probate Court” Inheritance.

Looked at new Breitlings, Tudors of all models, and the Omega Seamaster's and the Aqua Terra.

Tudors didn’t do a thing for me the thick case was a turnoff, the Breitlings were OK, but not knock your socks off OK.

Was at Jared’s and they were having a sale on the Omegas and I was able to snatch this one for only $150 over what Jomashop is selling them except this comes with the box, papers, and 5-year manufacturer warranty.

Wanted the bracelet model but they didn’t have any in stock and it would be quite some time to get those models in, so I popped for another $700 and ordered the bracelet for this one too. Total cost well under $5K including taxes.
All I can say is WOW, blows my old 16610 Rolex out of the water, by a million miles!

Couldn’t wait for my wife's money to come in, so I made the purchase myself and she will reimburse me when her money comes in!

20200803_163521_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200803_164152_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200803_163812_resized (1) by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats and enjoy. I really want a black dial 1.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

That's what I thought as well thinking the "Blue" was too Blue, but indoors in subdued lighting, the dial and bezel almost look black and it doesn't jump out at you like it does in sunlight.

After gets put on the bracelet it will look even better, after all, the original Bond Seamaster was blue as well!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's what I thought as well thinking the "Blue" was too Blue, but indoors in subdued lighting, the dial and bezel almost look black and it doesn't jump out at you like it does in sunlight.

After gets put on the bracelet it will look even better, after all, the original Bond Seamaster was blue as well!
Yeah the blue is a stunner. If money was no object I'd get both for sure.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
584 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That's all you ever buy is blue... What happened to the super-cool white one you said was "the one"... Didn't you once start a thread called "I got the blues" cause you had too many blue dials. Guess you'll be adding this one to the lot. ;)
Congrats and enjoy buddy...😁She gonna let you buy another one with the remaining 5 grand ? Good luck !

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's all you ever buy is blue... What happened to the super-cool white one you said was "the one"... Didn't you once start a thread called "I got the blues" cause you had too many blue dials. Guess you'll be adding this one to the lot. ;)
Congrats and enjoy buddy...😁She gonna let you buy another one with the remaining 5 grand ? Good luck !

Checked out the White dial and in person it was outstanding, but I could see it would get old real fast, same with the silver dial one as well, this one is a keeper and in indoor lighting isn't a jump in your face blue, the bracelet will also calm it down as well.

The rubber strap is really nice and comfortable and is pin and buckle, not a deployment clasp which I would have preferred. That kind of clasp was on the Aqua Terra, which is another stunner, that one has a jump hour hand for changing time zones and is a stunner as well.

Guess I'll have to wait for another of my wife's rich cousins to croak to get that one, :LOL:

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jesper Lynn: “Rolex”? Bond: “Omega!”

It came early, went looking at watches that my wife offered to purchase for me with her (now tied up in Probate Court” Inheritance.

Looked at new Breitlings, Tudors of all models, and the Omega Seamaster's and the Aqua Terra.

Tudors didn’t do a thing for me the thick case was a turnoff, the Breitlings were OK, but not knock your socks off OK.

Was at Jared’s and they were having a sale on the Omegas and I was able to snatch this one for only $150 over what Jomashop is selling them except this comes with the box, papers, and 5-year manufacturer warranty.

Wanted the bracelet model but they didn’t have any in stock and it would be quite some time to get those models in, so I popped for another $700 and ordered the bracelet for this one too. Total cost well under $5K including taxes.
All I can say is WOW, blows my old 16610 Rolex out of the water, by a million miles!

Couldn’t wait for my wife's money to come in, so I made the purchase myself and she will reimburse me when her money comes in!

20200803_163521_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200803_164152_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200803_163812_resized (1) by Charles Ford, on Flickr
Looks nice. It's always a great thing when an old person in the family dies :)

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Hey cool Chaz ! 😮😎 Have been waiting to see what the
grail might be, or what you might decide on there. 👀😃 At
least you had all that time to really think about what you
wanted, and could widdle it down to an outstanding few !
Honestly must have been unbelievable just looking around
at such watches. Holy cowza, amazing Omega Chaz !!!

Looks terrific on the strap btw, and love the chameleon
way of the dial. Actually DOES look almost black at times !
HUGE congrats here to you sir !!! Hope you really enjoy !

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey cool Chaz ! 😮😎 Have been waiting to see what the
grail might be, or what you might decide on there. 👀😃 At
least you had all that time to really think about what you
wanted, and could widdle it down to an outstanding few !
Honestly must have been unbelievable just looking around
at such watches. Holy cowza, amazing Omega Chaz !!!

Looks terrific on the strap btw, and love the chameleon
way of the dial. Actually DOES look almost black at times !
HUGE congrats here to you sir !!! Hope you really enjoy !
I looked at every single option for this watch, two-tone (Rose Gold), White Dial, Blue Dial, Black Dial, Silver Dial. Two-Tone was striking looking, but I'm not a two-tone kind of guy.

White Dial (which I originally thought would be the one) in person just didn't cut it when I realized I already have two white dial watches, and I hardly ever wear them. The Silver Dial is the most striking looking one of all, almost breathtaking, but as I have seen on numerous Youtube videos, and sales forums, the bloom goes off this Lilly real fast and I knew it would for me too.

So it was a toss-up between the Blue Dial and the Black Dial, the Blue Dial, since it looks more subdued when not in direct sunlight, was the clear winner. If it was a shocking Blue like the Tudor Pelagos, I wouldn't have picked it up. The blue on this SMPC can go with just about anything and not clash.

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
I looked at every single option for this watch, two-tone (Rose Gold), White Dial, Blue Dial, Black Dial, Silver Dial. Two-Tone was striking looking, but I'm not a two-tone kind of guy.

White Dial (which I originally thought would be the one) in person just didn't cut it when I realized I already have two white dial watches, and I hardly ever wear them. The Silver Dial is the most striking looking one of all, almost breathtaking, but as I have seen on numerous Youtube videos, and sales forums, the bloom goes off this Lilly real fast and I knew it would for me too.

So it was a toss-up between the Blue Dial and the Black Dial, the Blue Dial, since it looks more subdued when not in direct sunlight, was the clear winner. If it was a shocking Blue like the Tudor Pelagos, I wouldn't have picked it up. The blue on this SMPC can go with just about anything and not clash.

Yeah really think you made the best choice here Chaz ! (y) 😉

Not that the other versions aren't nice, but some times dials can
look incredible in a picture, or online. But not always in person, or
on the wrist right?! 😀It's actually a strange thing. Maybe it's just
how the pictures are taken, or the lighting. But so often, certain
dials, or dial colors can really surprise you.

However, it's great when a dial, or watch surprises you in a good
way. Which is what this Seamaster's blue dial does ! It's perfection
really, and mesmerizing to look at. 😯Plus really would be ready
for any, and every occasion, or situation. Enjoy sir !!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Gorgeous Chaz, that exact model is my grail for sure! Congrats and I'll just be over here green with envy as I gaze upon that beautiful blue dial... I look forward to seeing it on the bracelet as I'm not much for rubber straps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts