Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered off of Ebay, arrived today, no box, no papers, but brand new with all the plastic stickers on the dial and case back.

What can I say outside of WOW!

For $50 it is shockingly high quality, the timing bezel lines up perfectly, unlike the majority of my Seikos, the second's hand hits all the markers perfectly, the dial is crisp and clean, and the crown unscrews and turns flawlessly to set the date and time.

The rubber strap that it came on was pretty good and comfortable, unlike some straps that came on watches much more expensive.

I immediately took it off the strap and slapped it on the mesh.

The case is 43mm, the height is 12mm and the lug width is 12mm as well, and it is 200m WR. The fit and finish are very nice, and the blue/black Batman bezel is crisp and clean as well.

If I could find a single fault with this watch it is the small date window, it could be larger.

Outstanding watch, especially for $50 bucks, when it looks like it should cost 5 to 10 times the cost!

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Watch accessory

·
Long Time Member
567 Posts
Ordered off of Ebay, arrived today, no box, no papers, but brand new with all the plastic stickers on the dial and case back.

What can I say outside of WOW!

For $50 it is shockingly high quality, the timing bezel lines up perfectly, unlike the majority of my Seikos, the second's hand hits all the markers perfectly, the dial is crisp and clean, and the crown unscrews and turns flawlessly to set the date and time.

The rubber strap that it came on was pretty good and comfortable, unlike some straps that came on watches much more expensive.

I immediately took it off the strap and slapped it on the mesh.

The case is 43mm, the height is 12mm and the lug width is 12mm as well, and it is 200m WR. The fit and finish are very nice, and the blue/black Batman bezel is crisp and clean as well.

If I could find a single fault with this watch it is the small date window, it could be larger.

Outstanding watch, especially for $50 bucks, when it looks like it should cost 5 to 10 times the cost!

View attachment 141502

View attachment 141503
Looks great on the mesh.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,853 Posts
Yeah, have to agree with AKOW above here Chaz, this mesh makes this
stunner look even more stunning. 😮😀 ..It really makes the watch look
that much more classy looking also. Yet brings in this terrific aggressive
vibe too ! (y)There's no doubt that this Casio Batman looks like watches
that cost many more times as much. And what's nice too is that thanks
to those great looking hands it really separates itself from other divers
that look similar. And so does the sleek second hand, as well as mean
marlin to be honest. 🐬😎

Am thinking this should get a lot of wrist time this spring, and summer.
As well as for years to come, and you know, the date window looks just
fine from here sir. Enjoy, and a COLOSSAL Casio congrats here !!!

·
1,771 Posts
Here's a neat mod you can do to these!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here's a neat mod you can do to these!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Sinn makes a diver with an oil-filled case, the dial is very clear and it's good for something like 3,000 meters WR but they have a special battery that lasts 7 years in it.

I could see myself doing this to one of my quartz watches and then taking it to my jeweler who changes batteries for me for Zero, I could just see the look on his face if I forget this watch was filled with oil and he opened it up

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pickup, it’s hard to beat that deal.
I’ve been toying with doing an oil fill on one of these.
Not such a great idea when it comes to battery change time!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, there are videos that show how to do it though. It will be messy, but can be done.
I just can't see the purpose to it though, outside of someone who likes to tinker with watches?

It already is 200m WR, so adding to that is superfluous, a clearer dial??

·
Long Time Member
361 Posts
I just can't see the purpose to it though, outside of someone who likes to tinker with watches?

It already is 200m WR, so adding to that is superfluous, a clearer dial??
I saw some threads on how to do it and it seems like a simple enough project for me. Although I’m sure I’ll find some way to screw it up.
The difference in dial visibility at angles is just amazing, it almost looks 3D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts