Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burei Sovereign arrived today, first impressions.

Quality is above and beyond the price point, the bracelet and clasp are very well constructed and solid links. I have an 8” wrist, but this came with a length that could probably fit a 9-1/2” wrist.

The butterfly clasp even has perlage on the inside. Fit and finish are as fine as you would find on a Mid-Range Seiko.

Cyclops magnification on the Sapphire crystal is 2-1/2 just like on a Rolex.

Has exhibition case back, but I can’t tell what movement it has inside, they advertise a Miyota 8215, but that movement doesn’t hack, and this one DOES??

The dial color is a lot lighter than the Amazon photos, more of a Champagne Green than Green, kind of washed out looking to me, indoors in low lighting it kind of turns into a silver look.

Not sure if I am in love with the dial color, so being Amazon Prime, this one may go back for a different dial color, maybe even a two-tone for a change-up pitch.

20200715_134838_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200715_133714_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200715_133938_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
Have to say Chaz, the dial color looks amazing from here, and is very
different to tell the truth ! 😎😮 ..Yet still is nice, and elegant at the
same time. (y)(y) The way it looks against the stainless finish is just
terrific, and I swear it makes you enjoy that bezel, and bracelet even
more. I know it really compliments those super sharp looking markers,
and hands there too sir !

Going to wish you a BIG congrats, even if you don't keep it Chaz !!! 😀

By the way, spectacular pictures !!! 😎

Oh, and that dial color kind of reminds me of the recent limited edition
Blancpain Bathyscaphe Mokarran...

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Burei Sovereign arrived today. First impressions.

Quality is above and beyond the price point, the bracelet and clasp are very well constructed and solid links. I have an 8” wrist, but this came with a length that could probably fit a 9-1/2” wrist.

The butterfly clasp even has perlage on the inside. Fit and finish are as fine as you would find on a Mid-Range Seiko.

Cyclops magnification on the Sapphire crystal is 2-1/2 just like on a Rolex.

Has exhibition case back, but I can’t tell what movement it has inside, they advertise a Miyota 8215, but that movement doesn’t hack, and this one DOES??

The dial color is a lot lighter than the Amazon photos, more of a Champagne Green than Green, kind of washed out looking to me, indoors in low lighting it kind of turns into a silver look.

Not sure if I am in love with the dial color, so being Amazon Prime, this one may go back for a different dial color, maybe even a two-tone for a change-up pitch.

20200715_134838_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200715_133714_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200715_133938_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr
Genuine Original Certification to what ??? 😂
Miyota has been getting alot of flak about the no hacking thing on the 8 series movements. They have begun to make one with a longer number that hacks. Invicta has been using them for about 3 or 4 months. Maybe you got one of those... IMO, the green dial is quite unique.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Have to say Chaz, the dial color looks amazing from here, and is very
different to tell the truth ! 😎😮 ..Yet still is nice, and elegant at the
same time. (y)(y) The way it looks against the stainless finish is just
terrific, and I swear it makes you enjoy that bezel, and bracelet even
more. I know it really compliments those super sharp looking markers,
and hands there too sir !

Going to wish you a BIG congrats, even if you don't keep it Chaz !!! 😀

By the way, spectacular pictures !!! 😎

Oh, and that dial color kind of reminds me of the recent limited edition
Blancpain Bathyscaphe Mokarran...

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Chaz, whatever happened to the big money check and that beautiful Seamaster you were getting. This watch is a far cry from that one. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
I wouldn't quite go that far Tom...lol. You'd have to add about three zeros to the price. :)

😄 You make a great point Forza.😉 Imagine all the Bureis you could
actually buy for the price of one of those Bathyscaphes too?! Yowza !!!
But it was funny, as soon as I saw Chaz talk about this watch recently,
I immediately thought of the dial color on that Blancpain.🙂

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
LMAO.... That Blancpain looks suhweeet… Nice pic ! Dial really plays with the light. o_O
Chaz, the number of that hacking Miyota is 821A-21. I actually bought one in an Invicta. But when I got the watch it was so motley and cheap (plastic dial) that I sent it back. I did play with the movement a little. Much better than previous 8 series movements I'd handled.

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
LMAO.... That Blancpain looks suhweeet… Nice pic ! Dial really plays with the light. o_O
Chaz, the number of that hacking Miyota is 821A-21. I actually bought one in an Invicta. But when I got the watch it was so motley and cheap (plastic dial) that I sent it back. I did play with the movement a little. Much better than previous 8 series movements I'd handled.
😀Right Forza?!

You can see that dial goes from a darker green, to lighter, and on the way
to a green silver. Probably is changing all of the time like Chaz's dial. (y)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chaz, whatever happened to the big money check and that beautiful Seamaster you were getting. This watch is a far cry from that one. ;)

The COVID stuff has slowed down Probate court hearings and it will be a few more months before my wife gets her money

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think this baby is going back, the movement is running well though at about +5 seconds a day. The dial color just doesn't cut it for me, it's not that legible to read and indoors looks almost silver, I'm sending it back and getting this one instead, better movement, sapphire crystal, interchangeable bezels, 200m WR (Burei was only 50m) and quality lume, I'm going to get either the two-tone rose gold or the blue dial. It's also less expensive.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I think this baby is going back, the movement is running well though at about +5 seconds a day. The dial color just doesn't cut it for me, it's not that legible to read and indoors looks almost silver, I'm sending it back and getting this one instead, better movement, sapphire crystal, interchangeable bezels, 200m WR (Burei was only 50m) and quality lume, I'm going to get either the two-tone rose gold or the blue dial. It's also less expensive.

You go boieeee !!! 🤤

1 - 13 of 13 Posts