Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My new Zippo white face arrived today,I already have the black face version and I was impressed with the watch and the heavy duty band! Both are grab and goes and seem to hold up very well.

Thanks for viewing..

·
11,577 Posts
Pretty Zippin' Slick Howard. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Howard Beale

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Hey, that's neat Howard ! :eek: Never actually seen one of these I don't think. Really like the whole design. Kind of is like a mix of a bunch of cool sport watches in one, but at the same time is something new, and different. :cool: The case construction, and how it flows into the bracelet is fantastic. Also liking the white, and red theme. Along with the knurling they did.

Very nice Howard ! Congratulations here sir !

·
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, that's neat Howard ! :eek: Never actually seen one of these I don't think. Really like the whole design. Kind of is like a mix of a bunch of cool sport watches in one, but at the same time is something new, and different. :cool: The case construction, and how it flows into the bracelet is fantastic. Also liking the white, and red theme. Along with the knurling they did.
Very nice Howard ! Congratulations here sir !
Thanks AT..I took a chance on the black dial Zippo and when it arrived,I knew I had to have the white dial as well. They have a good solid feel and the band is very heavy. They seem well made for a grab and go at this price point...

·
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol ... I never knew they had branded watches. Pretty darn cool!
Maybe with so many quitting smoking they had to move to watches..:)
Anyway..they're a great grab and go! I got my first Zippo lighter when I was 16,I quit smoking over 20 years ago. They always made a quality lighter and the Zippo watch seems well built. I had to work on the farm today so I put the Zippo through torture and it held up very well.

·
3,979 Posts
This is a village idiot question but I assume this watch comes from the ciggie
lighter company? I knew Singer sewing machine company and Daisey Red Rider
made the AR15. Now ciggie lighter companies are making watches? Go figure!!!

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Maybe with so many quitting smoking they had to move to watches..:)
Anyway..they're a great grab and go! I got my first Zippo lighter when I was 16,I quit smoking over 20 years ago. They always made a quality lighter and the Zippo watch seems well built. I had to work on the farm today so I put the Zippo through torture and it held up very well.
Ha, yes as a fellow ex-smoker of many years I always loved my Zippos as well. The only time I didn't was when I would overfill them a little and they would irritate the skin on my leg, but I digress :p ...

... a very cool watch and I don't immediately recognize the case or dial as belonging to "something else". They have watches related to cigars, so why not?

·
Long Time Member
936 Posts
Howard,

Very cool piece. Reminds me sort of a cross between a
Reactor and Zodiac Watch..both of which I like as well.

Scott

:smile-thumb:

Reactions: Howard Beale

·
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Howard,

Very cool piece. Reminds me sort of a cross between a
Reactor and Zodiac Watch..both of which I like as well.

Scott

:smile-thumb:
Thanks Scott and your comparison is spot on! I've owned Reactors and Zodiacs and the Zippo is also built like a tank! The bracelet is outstanding and very heavy on the wrist..just the way I like it.

Above photos "borrowed" from dealer...

I've purchase two of them thus far and I highly recommend Zippo watches.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Funny about the AR 15, when I was in the one I had was made by American Motors and the plastic parts by Mattel. That is if my memory serves me well. I also want a Zippo watch, it is different for sure.

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Thanks AT..I took a chance on the black dial Zippo and when it arrived,I knew I had to have the white dial as well. They have a good solid feel and the band is very heavy. They seem well made for a grab and go at this price point...
Don't mention it sir. :) These are so cool, and evidently are very well made. ..It's amazing really the mix of awesome quality, and excellent looks here Howard ! Hope you enjoy this one this weekend, and any other time you're wearing it ! :cool: :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts