Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I figured since I returned from oblivion to the best watch forum around, I might as well treat myself to a new piece for my collection, so a few days ago I pulled the trigger and ordered a brand new Bulova Accutron II Snorkel for myself. :D Admittedly, the Bulova AD didn't have this one in when I went to buy, but promised he could get one within 72 hours. He was a man of his word and had this beauty waiting for me today.

Now that I bought a new piece, I feel like my return here is official. :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
That's a beautiful looking watch! Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome back indeed. :)

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Man what a cool looking Bulova. Congrats!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a beautiful looking watch! Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome back indeed. :)
Thank you for the welcome! I had always loved the original Snorkel, but I also knew my chances were slim in finding one for a decent price so when I saw the new throwback pieces, I just KNEW I had to get one.

I'll bet that felt awesome to strap on the old wrist.

She's a beauty....congrats.
Ohhhh you have NO idea... This was the first time in a few years that I had cracked open my wristwatch tool box, so once I took a few links out from the bracelet and actually put it on, it was more like a true homecoming for me. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man what a cool looking Bulova. Congrats!!
That's exactly what I said when I saw this watch for the first time!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Bulova. Love the mesh on it as well.
The mesh totally completes the retro look on it, which is why I chose this one over the other versions of it. :) I've become a big fan of mesh bracelets for watches; I put one on my Invicta Pro-Diver which totally changed the look of it, and I've got another on the way for an upcoming mod project.

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
What a way to return Josh ! Boy oh boy, it's incredible how nice a job Bulova did with these. :eek: :smile-thumb2: They have that same orange portion on the inner roating bezel, and the dial, and case have all of the character of the originals as well. ..This is a real looker Josh ! Big big congrats to you ! Hope you really have fun wearing this. Will probably be getting a ridiculous amount of nice comments I bet on this one. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
How's the quality of the mesh?

I've been thinking about trying a mesh bracelet.
I never liked them in the past but now I seem to be warming up to them quite a bit.

The mesh totally completes the retro look on it, which is why I chose this one over the other versions of it. :) I've become a big fan of mesh bracelets for watches; I put one on my Invicta Pro-Diver which totally changed the look of it, and I've got another on the way for an upcoming mod project.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What a way to return Josh ! Boy oh boy, it's incredible how nice a job Bulova did with these. :eek: :smile-thumb2: They have that same orange portion on the inner roating bezel, and the dial, and case have all of the character of the originals as well. ..This is a real looker Josh ! Big big congrats to you ! Hope you really have fun wearing this. Will probably be getting a ridiculous amount of nice comments I bet on this one. :thumb:
I figured I should buy big for my first watch since returning to the land of watch crack. :) Bulova did indeed do a great job with these, and it shows...

This is exactly why I went with this version! Now if I could find an original to add to my collection, I could die a happy man!

How's the quality of the mesh?

I've been thinking about trying a mesh bracelet.
I never liked them in the past but now I seem to be warming up to them quite a bit.
A lot of folks complained about the mesh on this one in all of the reviews I had read, but I just don't see what they're complaining about; it has a good substantial feel to it and only compliments the watch. Up until I put a mesh bracelet on my Invicta Pro-Diver, I wasn't much of a fan of them either, but they can certainly change the whole look and feel of a watch.

That's a great looking Bulova.

Welcome back to the madness.
Thank you, Stewie! It's certainly great to be back!

Congrats.

Man. How do you stop staring at that butter smooth second hand sweep all day?
I'm supposed to stop staring at it? :D Seriously, that silky smooth sweep just draws my eyes... I'm not much of a quartz fan, but this? This is simply gorgeous and won't EVER leave my collection.

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Very cool and very retro, just the way I like it! Enjoy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very cool and very retro, just the way I like it! Enjoy.
And that's exactly why I pulled the trigger on this piece! She's getting plenty of wristlove, thats for sure. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts