Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just wanted to publicly thank Arnie for a recent gesture. During a casual "conversation" Arnie learned that I liked something and before I knew it that particular item was en route to me. As I said to Arnie his gesture alone is what matters to me, the item itself has value (sentimental and tangible) but my point is that Arnie went out of his way to do something for me......just because, no strings attached. The "act" is what I truly value.
I know most of us know this of Arnie, no need to "gush" too much.

By the way, when ya get a chance look up "Character" in Webster.....I think their is a pic of Arnie in the definition.:)

CJ

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I too only know Arnie from his actions on the forum. But he does seem like a truly amazing guy with a huge heart. I applaud him if only for the joy he brings to others. I'm sure that he finds inner peace knowing that he touches the lives of so many. Cheers Arnie and keep doing what your doing.......

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

You know I agree with you, AND I get to actually see him all the time since he lives here in my town. Arnie is FIRST CLASS all the way.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
imported post

I, too, only know from what I've seen around the forum. He deservedly has quite a following.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I've heard nothing but good about Arnie. He is one of those guys that I would really like to meet in person someday. It's good to know that there are people like him left in the world. Thanks for posting this CJ. I always like to see it when people like him get recognized even though I'm sure he doesn't like being recognized because that is the kind of person that he is. Kudos to Arnie.

·
Registered
347 Posts
imported post

I know Arnie quite well and he is tops!

And yes, there are a couple different definitions to the word "character" and Arnie definitely covers both of them: He's a character all right, and one who possesses a LOT of character!

George

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I NEVER get tired of reading posts like this about Arnie! He has done things like this for as long as I can remember. That's just Arnie being Arnie! He's gonna be a little embarrassed by this thread too because he's so modest. I've never had the pleasure of meeting him personally, but I hope to, one day in the near future. AND he's a huge baseball fan like me, so I can't help but love the guy! Besides, any guy that big Rip gushes over, HAS to be a great guy! :)

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

You know, ive got to go against the grain here, .......Ive met this "Arnie" guy before, and I dont see what all the hype is about....
...hes just some old guy around on the forums...........ha ha ha ha ha ha...

now in all seriousness, Arnie is truly a great individual....., a caring, amazing intelligent, and as he would say, a "bad to the bone" guy, he is just plain cool...

ill give one quick example and Arnie, im sorry if i embarrass you, but after a the philly get together I did last year and met Arnie for the first time, We started talking on the phone ........and It was like we had known each other forever, Arnie just makes you feel comfortable.....
and do you know he told me? If i ever want to make a trip down to North Carolina, that me and my Girlfriend would have a place to stay for the vacation at his and his wife Lindas house......he said our house would be yours, ........

Who does that.....Well ill tell you, someone with a very big heart like Arnie......

i know you dont like all this sappy stuff bro, but you deserve it, so all of raise our glasses to a great man......thanks for who you are and everything you do Arnie, we loves ya.....

CHEERS!!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Arnie has always been respectful and goes out of his way to say something nice when i post! If we could all take a little piece of arnie with us not only this forum but the world would be a better place!! :)

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Ok, ok.................... enough already you guys! Really! Like I told Dane in a pm. I'm just payin it forward. I like gifting because it emits positive emotions. We all love watches or we wouldn't be here right? So when we get one it's always a treat. Me? I am fortunate that I have alot of them and rather than try and sell many of them I prefer to gift when I feel it is appropriate or............... If I just feel like it, LOL. But bottom line is like I said, just tryin to pay it forward. This is one'a the ways I like to do it.

As for you Duchess........................ Don't think Linda would quite understand me walkin in to Victoria's for you. Sorry lovely lady, LOL.

And this thread even got Don to say .............. something nice, even if it was only about me!!! :%:%:%

Seriously guys, like I told CJ in a pm, way to much accolades for me. I haven't even been on much lately as a contributor. But thanks one and all for all the nice sentiments.

Finally............................ Man!! Do I have you guys fooled!!!!!:%:%:c:c:%:%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Ok, ok.................... enough already you guys! Really! Like I told Dane in a pm. I'm just payin it forward. I like gifting because it emits positive emotions. We all love watches or we wouldn't be here right? So when we get one it's always a treat. Me? I am fortunate that I have alot of them and rather than try and sell many of them I prefer to gift when I feel it is appropriate or............... If I just feel like it, LOL. But bottom line is like I said, just tryin to pay it forward. This is one'a the ways I like to do it.

As for you Duchess........................ Don't think Linda would quite understand me walkin in to Victoria's for you. Sorry lovely lady, LOL.

And this thread even got Don to say .............. something nice, even if it was only about me!!! :%:%:%

Seriously guys, like I told CJ in a pm, way to much accolades for me. I haven't even been on much lately as a contributor. But thanks one and all for all the nice sentiments.

Finally............................ Man!! Do I have you guys fooled!!!!!:%:%:c:c:%:%

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
OMG...Please, tell me you didn't take me seriously...I never have anything to contribute outside of the Lounge so, I thought maybeI could post a little something in a teasing manner.

I think I'll just head on back to the Lounge now.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
OMG...Please, tell me you didn't take me seriously...I never have anything to contribute outside of the Lounge so, I thought maybeI could post a little something in a teasing manner.

LOL "Girl"!!! No sweat and ........... of course I didn't take you seriously. You don't need to stay in the lounge c'mon out & join the fun!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:

LOL!!!! Would you believe that when I was in my thirties (30 years ago) I used to train at a gym with four other guys. I worked up all the routines for us and we pushed hard! As a token of thanks, they had "Arnie's Army" t-shirts made up without telling me for all of us to wear to the gym. Then, more guys wanted them. Pissed the gym owner off, LOL.

Great patch incidentally and autographed by "The Great One" too!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
arnie11 wrote:

Come out of the lounge Duchess - come out!!!!

:)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Come out of the lounge Duchess - come out!!!!
Is that anything like the closet?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
imported post

I personally do not know Arnie except from his actions on this and other sites.And going by that he is one heck of a person as well as a true watchfreek.Keep it real Arnie.
ken

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.