Watch Freeks banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Long Time Member
302 Posts
The 41mm ones

You just missed the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Be patient and they will have another sale, sales happen often and DB. Deep Blue isn’t a bad watch at all, they are built like a tank and pretty durable. Stick with 41mm on Deep Blue, anything larger they tend to be very heavy.
You can look for a used tritium watch on watchrecon.com. I shop a lot on watchrecon.com. You can score some great deals on barely used watches there.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Today I tossed it in a drawer; the watch winder was gleeful to be relieved of it.

·
Senior Novice
3,435 Posts
You sure pulled a fast one on your initial inclination, any regret?
The trit dial looks great. She's definitely a dusk to dawn gal, ugly and bright. That strap's a keeper too, I'd like to pop on my Seiko for a fitting, well done my friend.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

Lots of regret; I should have stuck with what I prefer.
I'll likely shop for an old fashioned (small, plain, light, cheap) battery powered watch - with a bright night light function.

Any recommendations?

·
Senior Novice
3,435 Posts
Let me think about that.
I have a couple of gshocks, both are small. The less expensive one has the best display of all their watches and a comfortable and easily accessible button. The other has an inconvenient button but a tilt feature that allows you to illuminate it by turning your wrist, or rolling it over to see the time. I found that using two hands isn't always convenient at night so that feature is nice.
I'll think about it and I'll pull up some photos of what I'm referencing.

·
Senior Novice
3,435 Posts
Tilt Feature GWM5610. I was an avid WF about a year before I bought a watch, its successor, #2, I love it.
If unworn it'll go to sleep, probably takes a day or two.

·
Senior Novice
3,435 Posts
G2900F under a hundred bucks.
Crisp to view day or night. The type and orientation of lum on their high-end stuff aren't satisfying, even disappointing.
Because of the strap form, this one is a bit more comfortable. I like the style of it too.

Since you must push the button I have only one image. In-person it's more legible. I'm sorry I don't have more photos, may ask my dear wife to take a shot of this one for me, and yous. She'll be pleased I'm playing with what I have, not shopping.
Happy hunting!

·
Long Time Member
469 Posts

Lots of regret; I should have stuck with what I prefer.
I'll likely shop for an old fashioned (small, plain, light, cheap) battery powered watch - with a bright night light function.

Any recommendations?
Numerous Timex watches with Indigo. Bertucci field watches are nice (I have one.).

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I've looked at Indiglos (and Illuminators) but not yet seen one that appeals to me.
I want something much smaller/ thinner than these beasts typically are - AND with good water resistance (for the shower experience only).

I greatly like field watches; does your Bertucci use a backlight or lumed dial/ hands?

·
Long Time Member
469 Posts
I've looked at Indiglos (and Illuminators) but not yet seen one that appeals to me.
I want something much smaller/ thinner than these beasts typically are - AND with good water resistance (for the shower experience only).

I greatly like field watches; does your Bertucci use a backlight or lumed dial/ hands?
I think most of them are lumed to one degree or another. I have had the A-2T since Jan 2019 and enjoy it in rotation.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I've come back around to wearing this Aragon Lume Monster to bed - I'm slowly getting used to its gargantuan size/ weight. Amazingly it now seems to be keeping time - provided I manually wind it each evening.

And the super glued band keepers remain in place.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
While I'm not excited with this Aragon Monster I find it to be my (current) best option.
I'm still looking for all-night lume monsters?

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
Oh man, I was hoping that Aragon was growing on you a little
more than it has. But I guess that size might be the real issue
that's bugging you right?! ..It's kind of like a big Luminox, or
Deep Blue with a futuristic twist. 🛸🚀And you know, it's all
a good learning experience really.

You have this cool Aragon in the collection, but then can still
search for the perfect Lume Monster as well.(y) And really
any of the brands, or models shown in the last few pages of
this topic could be the answer. Or maybe it's one we haven't