Watch Freeks banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Well thank you for the warm and fuzzy; this thick skinned former lifer soldier can easily take it.
Also of note - I'm a Cheap Charlie; there are no expensive watches in my collection. You taxpayers don't support that lifestyle,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
OMG, I just received a text from FedEx, stating they just made a delivery (Sunday). Sure enough, on the porch, was a box.
Imagine my Surprise!

Note: delivery was approxx 36 hours after I placed the order. Good job to the seller.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
The bracelet has now been adjusted to its tightest position; I can still easily fit three fingers between the bracelet and my wrist (7.75"). Correction: to shorten I didn't remove any of the 8 removable links (maybe 2" total) , I just used the micro settings. Not sure that I'll even try knowing that I won't wear it, and would likely lose the pieces if separated.

To be fair in this report I should add that the SS bracelet looks good and appears to be of high quality (with solid links).

So what is Aragon thinking? I believe the overall weight (and 50mm case) make this a watch for very few users, yet they got me. Watch out, they may even get you!
Trick or Treat.

Hopefully my ordered strap will eliminate some of these nuances.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Hey folks, guess what? It looks even better now that I removed the protective film covering the face glass... Duh.

and a further change ... I decided to see how some of my old nylons would work. I found a 22mm Barton strap - and as it was the best color match it's now on the 24mm Aragon. Not a great fit, but workable / until the blue rubber strap comes in.

Incidentally - I weighed the bracelet, all by itself it was 168g.
Combined weight 323g - 168g bracelet = 155g case. Now that's better.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Well, THiS makes it a VERY Happy Halloween Wrascal ! 🎃 😀
A hauntingly HUMONGOUS congratulation here to you !!! :D

Can’t believe how quickly this watch got to you. Yowza ! 😲
On top of that it came on a Sunday too which is something
that never happened years ago. You have to love that right?!
And you have to love a watch that has a bracelet that looks
to weigh as much as some watches out there. 😮 Man, what
a watch ! ..It fits the bill likewise, and is a real dynamo design
wise. It’s a win win !!

In addition, adding in that strap, or any of your cool straps
you have, or ones incoming, has to kick things up too ! 😎
I hope you really have a blast with this one Wrascal. And
can wear it often. Enjoy !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
24 hour follow-up: it's still overly big and clunky but (minus the original bracelet) I've now adapted to the weight.
Also, under normal (dim) indoor lights the Blue bezel appears to be more of a black.

My biased opinion: Ugly in the daytime, a thing of beauty after dark; I think I'll refer to it as Bertha (Butt, one of the Butt sisters).

I suspect I'll wear her for a few more days ... then Bertha will be retired to my bedside table (for night coddling/ bumping).

I now have a tracking number for the rubber strap - so things are moving along.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
It really looks pretty terrific in the day too if you ask me Wrascal. 😎
But I am glad that it is also a lume monster at night, and in the dark
for you there. 😉 Oh, and yeah, you can probably use that as a
cool bedside clock too, that's great ! ..Plus you can still enjoy the
watch even if you aren't wearing it.

Should be neat to see it on that strap too ! 😀

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Whoa, awesome that looks really bright for Tritium tubes Wrascal ! 😵😀

A lot of times over the years, people have said the tubes are great,
but that the glow is dim. However, these look phenomenal, and the
different colors are nice too ! 🥇🏆It adds even more excitement to
an already exciting watch imho. 😎🙂It really is beautiful.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
This (tritium) is advertised as 20-25 years (I forget) but I know from experience (firearm tritium sites) that after 10-12 years folks replace them; of course if your life was in the balance you'd likely take the safe route to.

I'm gonna be out of state (wife fam. emer) and don't know when I'll be back - or if wifi will be available. Taking my two Boldr field watches (both wearing stretch bands), leaving all the others at home. 1600 miles each way.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Well have a safe, as well as really fun trip Wrascal. 😀

I'm thinking those two Boldrs should be perfect, and will take on
whatever you might throw at them, or have in store. 😉..Oh, and
on the tritium tube thing, I have heard that it's not always easy to
replace them. But you know, maybe within the next 10-12 years,
or so it will become easier, and less expensive too hopefully. (y)

Safe travels once again Wrascal. ..Enjoy !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank You Dubya, I found something there that Surprisingly I Like. I say surprisingly because it is totally out of character for me / it's opposite everything I gravitate to.

Its huge (50mm), its colorful (Blue), it only comes with a bracelet and it's more than I want to spend ($345 - for such a limited purpose); yet it appeals to me.

Runner up ($169) : https://www.aragonwatch.com/ARAGON_M50_T100_Tritium_Tubes_Automatic_p/a412wht.htm

Primarily BEDTIME Use: need to contemplate if I'm man enough to wear something this big (wrist 7.75")
AND if I can substitute the bracelet (24mm) for something lighter - like leather or other?
Last dilema, sneaking it past the chairwoman.

I believe Ray Charles would see these two!
That second Aragon is a nice piece and with T100 tririum which is brighter than T25 like most Luminox. I found a rubber strap like your looking for on Ebay for abour $10 and it is of good quality. I believe they came from England.

·
Watch Freek
1,079 Posts
Excluding those quartz watches (where you press a button and the dial lights up - using battery power), are there any watches that truly shine through the night?

50 years ago, using nuke paint, they did a fair job, but still not to my satisfaction. Today, many will initially glow brightly (such as my Lorus Lumibrite) but then quickly fade down. My old(er) eyes are needing nighttime assistance.

SO HELP, I'm looking for something like I have on many of my handguns, providing 10+ year long usable lighting..
The best lume in my my collection is the Borealis Cascais. It is BGW9, and lasts longer than other watch I have ever owned. That said, nothing is better than Tritium tubes. I own the Ball Railmaster Night Breaker, is soo much better than anything else

·
Watch Freek
1,079 Posts
Thanks for all the replies,
but ... I guess I should have provided additional want details...

cheap (under $100)
smallish (36-40mm)
plain face / no complications
newspaper colors (black or white)
Aaagghh. The easy answer is a Steeldive turtle. It won lume wars on "just one more watch". Inexpensive and very well spec'd.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts