Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm brand new and dont know neerly as much as you guys. This is my first forum, but I have looked all over the web today at watch forums and most everyplace I seen says Swiss Legend are not Swiss Made. They said China!

When I bought my Commander a while ago Jim and Lior I swore said Swiss made a bunch of times. The name is SWISS Legend, and it made by SWI! So whos right? Ifigured you guys would tell me.

Thanks Karl

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

No they are not. They use a Swiss Movement...or at least Swiss Parts and the watches are assembled in the far east.

The SWI line is Swiss Made.

Dont worry...your Commander is a fine watch. Jim and Lior may have said Swiss made movement, not referring to the watch itself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Hey thanks Watchcollector. Guess I need to learn a lot more, or at least pay attention. I still think its a quality timepiece though, just a little let down.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Karl wrote:
Hey thanks Watchcollector. Guess I need to learn a lot more, or at least pay attention. I still think its a quality timepiece though, just a little let down.
Dont be let down at all. It IS a very nice time piece and you should be happy to have it!

·
Long Time Member
172 Posts
imported post

One thing you need to be careful of when seeing watches "Presented" on any of the media outlets is the constant use of the word Swiss to imply that a product is SwissMade.

Swiss Watch Intenational distributes more non-Swiss watches than Swiss watches.

Swiss Legend watches,perhaps with a few exceptions, might use Swiss movements in some watches but are not Swiss Made.Would you have bought the Commander if you asked this question directly of Lior and he said "no it isn't Swiss"??
Stay on the forums and you'll pick up on these and other tactics used to "imply" that something is not always what you might think after hearing the sales pitch.
Look around and you may find better deals for non Swiss watches than you see on TV.
Hang aroud the forums and you'll soon find yourself buying watches rather than being "sold" watches.
An educated consumer is a salesmans worst nightmare.
Another reason I like to buy in person is that you can ask questions of the seller before you commit to buy.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

At least they are legends. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome to WF, Karl. I'm pretty new to watches, but don't worry, you can learn a lot with the right questions and the search tool.

As said, Swiss Legend has a swiss movement, but we're in a very global economy. Swiss Made isn't always what it seems. Ask Franck Mueller...

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Karl, I've owned a number of Swiss Legend models and have found them to be just what I wanted . . . Swiss movement, well made case, pleasant designs and at an affordable price (and those winders are a cool bonus). :)

While "playing" one day, I decided to regulate my Octomatic to see if I could get it within COSC specs, and took some pics of the insides.

Enjoy . . .

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

My first Swiss Legend is on it's way to my house as we speak. I have been leary of this brand for a long time, but I'm going to give one a try. I will keep you updated on what I think. I ordered the Swiss Legend Glamorous with the Lapis dial and the CL888 automatic movement. It should arrive next week

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Thnks for the answers everyone! Especially Blockhead for the good advice and Argabright for the great pics! I like that one cause it's a automatic! It sure does say China inside though, does'nt it.

I got your message to, Blockhead....wrote back!

·
Registered
10 Posts
imported post

The CL888 is really a Seagull movement with one swiss part to meet the requirements. That movement was also used in the Zodiac Oceanaire. That seagull movement has seemed good from posts that I have read. I don't know much about Swiss Legend models, but all the ones I have seen have Swiss automatics and are not Swiss made.

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

Ok, let's go over this once more. In order for it to be called "Swiss" cheese, at least 51% of the holes must come directly from Switzerland! In order for it to be called "Swiss Made" cheese, The cows that gave the milk, the culture, and all production must have come from and been assembledin Switzerland. How many times do we have to go through this?

Seattle wrote:
Which in turn questions the validity of "Swiss Cheese"?!?!?!
:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

CJ

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
My first Swiss Legend is on it's way to my house as we speak. I have been leary of this brand for a long time, but I'm going to give one a try. I will keep you updated on what I think. I ordered the Swiss Legend Glamorous with the Lapis dial and the CL888 automatic movement. It should arrive next week
I have a number of Swiss Legends and love'em all! Ordered this one as well. Smokin time piece!! I'm wanting the "onyx" version, but waiting for the same kinda deal that was on "WOW"!!!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

My bad thanks for the clarification (again) V.
It's just that I keep buying my cheese from this guy named Hans and just figured...well, you know...Hans...Swiss...must be legit, right?:b

CJ

vbobdriveguy wrote:
Ok, let's go over this once more. In order for it to be called "Swiss" cheese, at least 51% of the holes must come directly from Switzerland! In order for it to be called "Swiss Made" cheese, The cows that gave the milk, the culture, and all production must have come from and been assembledin Switzerland. How many times do we have to go through this?

Seattle wrote:

CJ

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

Brings up an interesting question. Let's say (just for the sake of saying it) that your movement is made in Switzerland by a guy from Japan. Then the watch is assembled in Switzerland by someone from China. Is it still Swiss made?

Seattle wrote:
My bad thanks for the clarification (again) V.
It's just that I keep buying my cheese from this guy named Hans and just figured...well, you know...Hans...Swiss...must be legit, right?:b

CJ

vbobdriveguy wrote:

Seattle wrote:

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

vbobdriveguy wrote:
Brings up an interesting question. Let's say (just for the sake of saying it) that your movement is made in Switzerland by a guy from Japan. Then the watch is assembled in Switzerland by someone from China. Is it still Swiss made?

This is the same question I always have when I am buying my cigars.

If the cigar is made in America, but made by a Cuban - am I smoking a "Cuban cigar"? lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

I believe that would make it a Miami cigar!

TVDinner wrote:
vbobdriveguy wrote:

This is the same question I always have when I am buying my cigars.

If the cigar is made in America, but made by a Cuban - am I smoking a "Cuban cigar"? lol

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Glad to see the confusion goes beyond the watch industry.....:b

By the way James, back in my cigar days I always found Honduran cigars (Villazon El Rey del Mundo, Punch Gran Puro, Camacho Corojo) to be far and away the best.....ever tried any?

CJ

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.