Watch Freeks banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
It appears there is a gradual creep towards cheapening the Invicta product. I remember a while back Mike Davis saying some watch companies, not Invicta ,make watches with folded hollow links and mystery metal not Stainless Steel. Then after that the Invicta forums were saying Invicta now made folded links But only on watches Below $100. Now you have the Hydromax ,My S1 and who knows how many others over $200 with folded links.

Considering that you have posted endlessly about Invicta, here and elsewhere, one would think you would know about them by now.

One of the last ones they made that was decent IMHO and this one dates to 2005.

But then again this is a company which made the watch on the right and said they did not copy Bremont (my Bremont watch on the left)

Or made watches with "sandstone"dials (plastic)

Or use the office of another company as their own "swiss factory" (Claude Meylen) when it was not.

Or say they do not make watches in China

Who would think that Inflicta would lie or misrepresent anything?

Invicter promised solid end links and delivered folded end links?
Who'd a thot it?
You can bet yer Ingersol I'll spend money with Tom Carey afore
I do Invicter.
With chagrin I admit I'm am Invicter survivor. Are they cheeper?
Amazingly I own 2 Invicters that aren't cheap junk. One is a SAN
3 with Ronda 5040E engine. The other is a Corduba with a Miyota
OS 10 engine. I'll put them up against any of the other pieces in my
24 watch collection.

Lou Snutt

The answer to the OP's questions is a simple one. "Are Invicta watches made cheaper than they were before?" No, no they are not.

If you look back prior to the last 10 years, maybe.

Agree that the Invicta models from a decade or so were rather well made.

In fact, the original SAN I 7750 in my collection is built like a tank and still garners as much attention as it's actually the watch that started it all for the company way back then.

Agree that the Invicta models from a decade or so were rather well made.

In fact, the original SAN I 7750 in my collection is built like a tank and still garners as much attention as it's actually the watch that started it all for the company way back then.

The 9937 is the one that got Invicta on the internet map followed by the Scooby and then the RD that granny lalo invented.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.