Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a lover of Cartier Tank watches but the prices are prohibitive. I am therefore trying to find a "lookalike". I have narrowed my search to Seiko models from the 80`s, a Movado ESQ and a new Dugena 4407822.The Seiko watches just arent around but I have found an ESQ model 300275 mechanical on ebay in near to mint condition. Guy is asking about $250.00. The Dugena is a current model going for about $100.00. Sorry I have no idea how to post photos. My question is of the three brands which is the better made and most reliable. thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,352 Posts
I'm not sure how old the Movado is ...possibly late 90's, early 2000's. Says its in brand new condition. Also, that it's not mechanical if this is the one you are talking about, it's a Quartz.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/ESQ-By-MOVADO...nuine-Gator-Band-MENS-WATCH-BIN-/271893922968

Seiko is a great brand of course, but you need to be careful buying a watch that old, it might have issues. (Buy the seller if you will)

Have never heard of the Dugena, as in sure most others here haven't as well.

My pick would be the ESQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tattoo Chef, Many thanks for coming back so quickly. Yes thats the "ESQ" on ebay that I am thinking of buying; although I think the price needs to be lower. Dugena are a German watch company thats been going since early 1900`s. I shall take your advice and many thanks again. jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.