Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple reported earnings yesterday. They did not break out Apple Watch numbers but attributed most of the growth of their 'Other' category to it making for a wide range of speculations to the exact number.

Linked is one of the guesses which put the amount to over 1 billion in sales.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/21/9010797/apple-q3-2015-earnings

On thing for sure is. Now that Apple Watch is out, and Fitbit IPOed and Garmin thrown in the mix, you will have a lot of non-watch enthusiasts throwing their opinions about the cherished real estate we call "our wrist."

Also to put it in perspective. Fitbit revenue in 2014 was $754 Million for the year.

Pretty sick that you have people writing about Apple Watch flopping.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
^^^
I've seen quite a few posts praising the Apple Watch. Would you rather just see praise and nothing negative? Dream On

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^
I've seen quite a few posts praising the Apple Watch. Would you rather just see praise and nothing negative? Dream On

This has nothing to do with the watch itself and the pros and cons of it. You are for some reason reading beyond the facts I am presenting.

To clarify. I find it sick, that even after selling $1 billion dollars worth of product people are calling it a flop (in a business sense of the product). Financial headlines aren't impressed it sold $1 billion dollars worth.

I was also pointing out that people (in regards to only the business of the product) are so hyped about the FitBit (up 50% since IPO) even though it doesn't even sell as much.

No where in the post am I comparing the product themselves.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
No one said you were comparing products in your post. Also, I don't have the ability to "read beyond the facts you presented". I simply made a comment, based upon posts I have read on this forum, and then asked a question for which you failed to answer, and then you proceeded to lecture again

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^

So this wasn't a rhetorical question?

K I'll answer it. "No. I have no preference."

Oh and just to be clear, I thought it was rhetorical because you wrote "Dream On" afterwards. Sorry for reading more into that then there apparently was.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Apple reported earnings yesterday. They did not break out Apple Watch numbers but attributed most of the growth of their 'Other' category to it making for a wide range of speculations to the exact number.

Linked is one of the guesses which put the amount to over 1 billion in sales.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/21/9010797/apple-q3-2015-earnings

On thing for sure is. Now that Apple Watch is out, and Fitbit IPOed and Garmin thrown in the mix, you will have a lot of non-watch enthusiasts throwing their opinions about the cherished real estate we call "our wrist."

Also to put it in perspective. Fitbit revenue in 2014 was $754 Million for the year.

Pretty sick that you have people writing about Apple Watch flopping.
Could it be that you are beyond liking Apple products and are a fanboy? (Please take this as tongue in cheek, I don't want to offend you). I'm a member of MacRumours since 2007, all my gear is Apple but I still feel no urge to kneel at the Apple shrine. To make a very long story short, I don't give a hoot about what other people write about Apple, I'm the captain of my own ship. Apple has become very, very successful and is aware of this. If you beat your drum loud you are bound to gather a large crowd.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it be that you are beyond liking Apple products and are a fanboy? (Please take this as tongue in cheek, I don't want to offend you). I'm a member of MacRumours since 2007, all my gear is Apple but I still feel no urge to kneel at the Apple shrine. To make a very long story short, I don't give a hoot about what other people write about Apple, I'm the captain of my own ship. Apple has become very, very successful and is aware of this. If you beat your drum loud you are bound to gather a large crowd.
I am a fan of smart watches, posting in the smart watch section I might add, who has apparently become a fanboy to one particular company that makes smart watches.

Well played sir.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I am a fan of smart watches who has apparently become a fanboy to one particular company that makes smart watches.

Well played sirs.
Again, if I offended you I apologize but if you start a thread (out of the blue) titled "Apple's first earnings report with the Apple Watch" what do you expect? And I said "tongue in cheek" or did this escape your attention? Relax, life's too short :D

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again, if I offended you I apologize but if you start a thread (out of the blue) titled "Apple's first earnings report with the Apple Watch" what do you expect? And I said "tongue in cheek" or did this escape your attention? Relax, life's too short :D
You have not offended me. I am experienced with forums and many different type of posters.

What should I have titled this?

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
You have not offended me. I am experienced with forums and many different type of posters.

What should I have titled this?
Nothing, this is my final reply, I don't want to drag this. It has the potential to become ugly and I don't want this. We all love watches and that binds us. Don't let this divide us.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing, this is my final reply, I don't want to drag this. It has the potential to become ugly and I don't want this. We all love watches and that binds us. Don't let this divide us.
http://www.watchfreeks.com/33-gener...5746-swatch-group-annual-report-released.html <-- link to another similar titled post.

Here is where I posted about another earnings release from Swatch. I didn't have to mention that it included Swatch watches in the numbers because Swatch only makes watches.

Again you have not offended me so if you do have an opinion please offer it. I don't think I have ever been disrespectful here.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
So this wasn't a rhetorical question?

K I'll answer it. "No. I have no preference."

Oh and just to be clear, I thought it was rhetorical because you wrote "Dream On" afterwards. Sorry for reading more into that then there apparently was.

Nope...not a "Rhetorical Question". Just a simple, straight up...to the point question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts