Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've really changed my watch buying habits the latter part of the year, and have managed to only puchase one watch in about the last 2.5 to 3 months. I've seen some nice looking stuff while browsing the forums, but it seems it takes something a little more rare or unique to pique my interest anymore. I was going to try and hold off on buying anything else this year, but think I'll end up with maybe one more watch by the time 2010 arrives. Just need to narrow my list down to a couple pieces before pulling the trigger on one.

Anyways, just curious if anyone else was holding out for something special. If so, what are you planning on picking up?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

can you explain to me HOW TO DO THIS???

i have a real IMPULSE BUYING problem!!!

cant seem to stop!!!

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

My wife has a real hold on my buying power and puts me in NBZ anytime she can, but sometimes i could get her to let me buy something if the price is right, I gave her the spill about CD leaving Shop and she let me buy...LOL

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:

cant seem to stop!!!
I'm with George. However after this past weekend the wife put the foot down so I'm most definitely done after my most recents are home. Would hope to have enough saved up for an AutoPilot or Viperfish sometime in January or February though.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

The "holding out" isn't going as well as I'd like, but this is the one I have in my sights.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

I'm Holding out until Jan...maybe a bit sooner depends on the wifey. My new budget does not start until Jan. Next on my hit list depends on a few watches. I'm with Tuna I think im gonna pull the trigger on the Oris PD. I posted my list not too long ago. I added the omega PO orange bezel chrono since then. So we will see. So that is why i am holding out and selling off the lower end watches...

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

the only 2 on my horizon is a hamilton twilight and a chase durer ramjet...........nothing else at this point. those will be my only 2 next purchaeses for the next year...............i might do some trades with some watches i have now, but as far as purchases, that will be it.........

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

As we have discussed that Ramjet is slick big time!

tattoo chef wrote:
the only 2 on my horizon is a hamilton twilight and a chase durer ramjet...........nothing else at this point. those will be my only 2 next purchaeses for the next year...............i might do some trades with some watches i have now, but as far as purchases, that will be it.........

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

my wife has put her foot UP .... as in up my #####

i think she will have a fit if i get another one delivered!!

if she only knew i got a BOX and a new watch coming!!! LOL -i may not make the PAGGT - i might be in the HOSPITAL or protective custody!!! LOL

UKWolfeman wrote:
I'm with George. However after this past weekend the wife put the foot down so I'm most definitely done after my most recents are home. Would hope to have enough saved up for an AutoPilot or Viperfish sometime in January or February though.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

The only sure thing on the horizon is the new NFW, aside from that nothing in particular but I certainly keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:

cant seem to stop!!!
It was actually pretty easy for me.

I realized one day that the overall quality of the watches in the collection was alot more important to me than the number of watches in the collection. I optedto get rid of several watches, and decided to build it back slowly with fewer, carefully chosen, higher end pieces.

·
Registered
9 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
I have been holding out for steals- 65% + off- some great buys out there. I also love C-D and am looking fwd to the Ramjet... Tattoo, you seem to have an in at C-D, any clue what the movement will be in the RJ?

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
The "holding out" isn't going as well as I'd like, but this is the one I have in my sights.

"TK", the only thing that we're not on the same page as these days is the Phillies/Dodgers series. Other than that, I would say that "Great Minds Think Alike". (I just gotta find another great mind to go with yours buddy, cause I definately don't have one!!! Maybe............ Don's?????)

That Oris is one of my Grails and if I could just stop buying so many darn watches from The Shop, I'd be able to grab it!

Can somebody HHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP MEEEEEE!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

3flushes wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
I have been holding out for steals- 65% + off- some great buys out there. I also love C-D and am looking fwd to the Ramjet... Tattoo, you seem to have an in at C-D, any clue what the movement will be in the RJ?
well , i wouldnt say i have an "in", but i have had some conversations with Marianne and have worked out some things with her...

I have an email into her for the specs and features of the Ramjet, and as soon as i find out.........it will be posted in the Chase-Durer section...............

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:

"TK", the only thing that we're not on the same page as these days is the Phillies/Dodgers series. Other than that, I would say that "Great Minds Think Alike". (I just gotta find another great mind to go with yours buddy, cause I definately don't have one!!! Maybe............ Don's?????)

That Oris is one of my Grails and if I could just stop buying so many darn watches from The Shop, I'd be able to grab it!

Can somebody HHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP MEEEEEE!!!!!!

Talk to me for about 15 minutes Arnie..........ill get ya to stop buying from Shop............lol.(KINDA SERIOUS)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Tuna, that Oris is killer.

Oris, Omega and Ball are the three companies I keep flip flopping between for my next purchase.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Boosted wrote:
Tuna, that Oris is killer.

Oris, Omega and Ball are the three companies I keep flip flopping between for my next purchase.
All are grail type watches.....love Ball a lot. Very nice looking watches.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Waiting for that ViperFish to jump out on deck....:q

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

May have to add Breitling to my list as well. Everytime I see one, I like them more and more.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts