Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Long Time Member
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Detroit Watch Company is set to produce a chrono this summer with a Sellita Caliber SW500 auto movement.
Does anyone have any experience / knowledge with this motor? I can't seem to find a whole lot of info on these. Anyone?

My thanks in advance.

·
17,073 Posts
I don't have one with the SW500, which is basically a ETA Valljoux clone. I do have several watches that use the Sellita SW200, which is a ETA 2824-2 clone....with one extra jewel. My experience with these Sellita's is all positive with absolutely no negative issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
I have many Sellitas and many ETAs, the Sellitas in my opinion are just as good, and in some cases better. They have an extra jewel (meaningless I know) and a thicker, more robust main spring.

All of my Sellitas have ran to COSC specs, the only one that needed tuning was my Sinn 556, and after regulation ran at +4.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have about a dozen SW500's, and more 7750's than that. I can tell you that they are exactly the same movement and that they are both accurate and reliable. Selita used to make the 7750 for Eta, and now they do it for themselves.

By the way, I also have several SW200's and several Eta 2824's. They are definitely NOT the same.

·
Long Time Member
1,025 Posts
By the way, I also have several SW200's and several Eta 2824's. They are definitely NOT the same.
I always thought they were close. Can you elaborate? Hate to hijack but it is still an ETA vs Sellita discussion ;) .

My experience with the ETA's in my box has been exceptional. The only SW200 I have is the Boschett RRII and is seems to me to be on a par.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I always thought they were close. Can you elaborate? Hate to hijack but it is still an ETA vs Sellita discussion ;) .

My experience with the ETA's in my box has been exceptional. The only SW200 I have is the Boschett RRII and is seems to me to be on a par.
I think that the Eta 2824's that I have are a lot more accurate than every SW200 I have. Whereas a SW500 and a 7750 are the exact same movement, Selita's version of the 2824 is not the same exact movement. Of course, a lot of my experience with these movements is with Invictas. A watch company who actually tweaks an SW200 instead of just popping it into the watch case will probably produce a watch on par with a 2824.

·
4,210 Posts
Anyone notice the Zon is selling the Invicta 9937. Most likely with a Sellita 200
engine. Their price point is $254.00 + shipping.
Only Invicta I care to own. Had a Pro Diver with S11 NH35 engine. Which is a copy
of Seiko's 4R36. Pretty good watch. I just hate Invicta's stamping Invicta on their
cases. I get it. It's an Invicta fer cryin out loud!!!

X traindriver Art

·
1,158 Posts
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Granted this is a modified Sw200-1 with a Alpina custom module for the Jump Hour GMT function. I've had no issues with it. It seems to be a very good movement.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a few SW200's and one SW500. All are very accurate. The only issue I had with the 500 is that the large second hand was bumped out of calibration. If that happens it had to go to a watchmaker to be removed and reset. I am pretty sure the 7750 is the same but I've never had it happen.
Fwiw I will continue to buy watches with sellita movements.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.