·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]OH NO![/align]

[align=center]I couldn't see the big cobweb on it without the flash![/align]

[align=center]Oh well, I could just say it is a Halloween Decoration![/align]
[align=center]You are also not seeing double vision, the back of the rack is a mirror and this angle to reduce the flash makes it reflect the cars much more.[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]I have, as close as I can to, a 1/64 die cast car for each and every car I have ever had except for my current Ford Ranger. They are not the same paint, but the model is the same.[/align]

[align=center]Then there are a few of "Wanted" cars, and some NASCARs.[/align]

[align=center]I also have a couple of oldies my late Sister had.[/align]

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I have a crap load of 1/64 and 1/24 Nascar diecast......no pics but a crap load of Dale Sr., Tony Stewart mainly with some other stuff mixed in.....no regular cars though.

Very nice diecast there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

Nice way to remember a Sister. It's the simple things that mean the most.

Nice collection and display.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The two on the bottom, a 1967 Ford Country Sedan, and then a 1968 Buick Riviera w/455 V-8 FrWD.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

My Brother-in-law, Scott passed away 2 years ago. It was his dream to create a game room for his 2 kids (and himself) and display his memorabilia.

With the help of my niece and nephew, we turned my garage into that game room in his honor. We put in a pool table, an air-hockey table, a big screen TV and 4 different gaming consoles. :)

He was the biggest Jeff Gordon fan I have ever known. He adored Marilyn Monroe, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Virginia Tech Hokies! :)

Here are some of his favorite things (there is 5 times as much memorabilia, still not on display!) . . .

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Very cool collections. In addition to watch collecting I also have a collection of Die-Cast model Police Cars from all over the country. They are limited edition replicas scaled at 1/43. They are made by a company called Road Champs Collectibles, but they have since been discontinued. I also collect Police patches.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
My Brother-in-law, Scott passed away 2 years ago. It was his dream to create a game room for his 2 kids (and himself) and display his memorabilia.

With the help of my niece and nephew, we turned my garage into that game room in his honor. We put in a pool table, an air-hockey table, a big screen TV and 4 different gaming consoles. :)

He was the biggest Jeff Gordon fan I have ever known. He adored Marilyn Monroe, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Virginia Tech Hokies! :)

Here are some of his favorite things (there is 5 times as much memorabilia, still not on display!) . . .

What awonderful thing you did by making the game room that your brother wanted. An awesome collection too. ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Tera-Ram, an awesome collection of die cast. You have a great collection. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
...Here are some of his favorite things (there is 5 times as much memorabilia, still not on display!) . . .
WOW! I don't think I have ever seen that much Jeff Gordon outside of a closet before! :eek:

I am only kidding, I like Gordon. What a collection, and to thnk this shown is only about a fifth of it!

Awesome game room!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:
...Here are some of his favorite things (there is 5 times as much memorabilia, still not on display!) . . .
WOW! I don't think I have ever seen that much Jeff Gordon outside of a closet before! :eek:

I am only kidding, I like Gordon. What a collection, and to thnk this shown is only about a fifth of it!

Awesome game room!
Thank you!

I completely forgot to include how much I enjoyed seeing your die-cast collection, above! Sorry about that. It was the reason for posting what I did. :)

I look forward to getting more stuff up on the walls and on shelves. My niece and nephew inherited so much memorabilia from their Daddy. I bet there are at least 30 more "larger" scale die-cast cars to be displayed on shelves and probably another 75 or more "smaller" scale cars to be put up on the walls. In addition, there are posters, pictures, race ticket stubs, and all kinds of Daytona 500 memorabilia as Scott used to travel to Daytona each year and participate (in the in-field) in the week-long race events.

Some of these items are fairly valuable (beyond their sentimental value), and some are autographed by Jeff. :)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I will have to post some pics of my collection. I am a huge NASCAR Die Cast Collector. Back in New Orleans I took over one of our 3 bedrooms and hung close to 1000 Mark Martin and Dale Sr. and Dale Jr. Die Cast. I also put in shelves where I displayed nearly 300 1/24th scale die cast cars...plus I had a 3 foot by 8 foot Dale Jr Autographed Budweiser Vinyl Poster I won at the Homestead Miami race in 2000. I also had a life size Mark Martin Gatorade Stand up...which I still have here in Humble...It's in the garage. Add to that nearly 15 plastic 30 gallon totes of other drivers 1/64th scale cars. I trimmed it down in 2003 and 2004 and sold off nearly $4000 worth of die cast cars....and still, I have 8 or 9 boxes and totes of cars left over here in my garage.

Only have 2 Jeff Gordon cars....the Chrome Illusion Car he drove in the 1998 Winston All Star Race...and the 1/24th scale Jurasic Park car..also from the Winston All Star race...1996 I believe.

I don't have nearly anything in my present house...just one bookshelf with about 25 Mark Martin 1/24th die cast, and a couple of rare Dale Sr. pieces. I also have a wall unit with 8 of my rarer mark Martin 1/24th scale cars and another small wall unit with 28 1/64th scale cars in it.

I love what you did in tribute to your brother-in-law...very nice. I understand his passion for racing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

Wow this thread is kewl..I have my share of die cast action fig etc etc. I collected Dale Earnhardt and michael waltrip. Thanxs for sharing those pics :>)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts