Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Any of my fellow WF's going to the parade in NYC tomorrow?....I went a few times and had a blast...I'm not going tomorrow because my son is nutz and would drive me crazy...:b....Hopefully next year when he is 4 he will be able to go...I would love to make it an every year tradition. So who is going? I know we dont have many people here from NY but hey you never know....

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

When I lived in NYC in the 90's we went a few times. It is something that is fun to do at least 1 time in your life. That is if you have no problem with massive crowds and impossible traffic and grid lock in the entire city, lol

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Sadly, I am not!

I did some Black Friday shopping in Manhattan, 2 years ago, but choose not to go to the parade (was staying with a cousin, over in Jersey). I figured back to back trips into the city were too much for me then.

Even being around Macy's the day after, you could see the barriers and such to remind us that the Parade was just 24 hours earlier! :)

It was cool to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, etc, etc.

Maybe next year!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

In high school and college I worked for a guy that had the license for the local parade vending rights to all of RI. I pedaled balloons and flags and other trinkets at more parades then I can count. I don't need go to another parade for he rest of my life. I am so done with parades.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

hey Jack =i'm not going -the older i get the less i like being IN the city (Manhattan Island)!!!

although maybe we should have a mini WG/WF GGT -for Staten Islanders -
sometime in the spring!!!????
we got alot of nice guys on the island that are members on both forums!!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Just like you Staten Island guys leaving out us NJ guys. Thanks for nothing...LOL

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
hey Jack =i'm not going -the older i get the less i like being IN the city (Manhattan Island)!!!

although maybe we should have a mini WG/WF GGT -for Staten Islanders -
sometime in the spring!!!????
we got alot of nice guys on the island that are members on both forums!!
Im down...Let me know..Hey Jersey geeks are welcome also...Just let me know when and where and Im in...:b

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
If one of you guys will come and pick me up !!!!!!!
Yeah no problem...We will send the chef to come get ya...:%:%:%:%

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I always wanted to go with a pellet gun and pop some holes in those floats!!! Just kidding I dont do parades!

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
BW-1 wrote:
If he is a good a Chef as he sayes he is then send him on down and on the way back to NY, i might even gain about 20lbs :lolbut really, i get along with everybody and being serious, if he started a Restaurant here, he would get rich quick.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

No, not going to the parade but, I've wanted to "do" NYC during the holidays for a long time...Shopping, Radio City, the parade, Tribeca, etc.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
BW-1 wrote:
If he is a good a Chef as he sayes he is then send him on down and on the way back to NY, i might even gain about 20lbs :lolbut really, i get along with everybody and being serious, if he started a Restaurant here, he would get rich quick.
lol.......Jack, you are, well, douchy........lol...........ive always wanted to go to Texas.......but not to pick you up Steve..........:bMan, I love how im hardly on and you guys still bust my chops.....ha ha

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
BW-1 wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
BW-1 wrote:
lol.......Jack, you are, well, douchy........lol...........ive always wanted to go to Texas.......but not to pick you up Steve..........:bMan, I love how im hardly on and you guys still bust my chops.....ha ha
Yep thats me douchy...lol...Don its because of you I know of WF's brutha...:t...Chops will always be busted 4 sure...lol...just keep checking in with us with your busy schedule...Yeah I always wanted to go to texas also and eat some Steak!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts