Watch Freeks banner

Anybody know anything about this site?

8K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  zaskar36 
#1 ·
#6 ·
imported post

This is a scam. I have heard of these sites before. It is too good to be true. A Rolex Submariner for $1, yea right. I would warn everybody to stay off of these sites. They are looking to get your credit card number and then charge it out. These are not run by the government trust me. I deal with government auctions all the time. The Rolex in this site at a government auction would go for no less then $2-3K. BUYER BEWARE!!!

#7 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
This is a scam. I have heard of these sites before. It is too good to be true. A Rolex Submariner for $1, yea right. I would warn everybody to stay off of these sites. They are looking to get your credit card number and then charge it out. These are not run by the government trust me. I deal with government auctions all the time. The Rolex in this site at a government auction would go for no less then $2-3K. BUYER BEWARE!!!
Hi Rob, thanks for the information. What is that saying "if it looks to good to be true....". They had me fooled, it looked like an official Goverment site. But Cartier, Rolex, IWC and Movado etc. starting at $1.00. Thanks again. ....Bob

#9 ·
imported post

All prices on this site are locked at $1.00 for non members of if you have not logged on. I joined, once on, all the real bids showed up and everything seemed OK.

Carl

#10 ·
imported post

Once you log in (no credit card required) you will see the "real" amounts that have been bid for the items. The Roles is bid up to $3,600.00 with $3,800 as the next increment.

Must be a Virginia company because they charge VA residents sales tax. Their address in Fairfax appears to be a Mailboxes Etc. type of place but could be a shopping center. If you Google the address you'll find a number of businesses there including a pawn shop.

Most items sold 'as is' with no guarantee.

#11 ·
imported post

roloya wrote:
Once you log in (no credit card required) you will see the "real" amounts that have been bid for the items. The Roles is bid up to $3,600.00 with $3,800 as the next increment.

Must be a Virginia company because they charge VA residents sales tax. Their address in Fairfax appears to be a Mailboxes Etc. type of place but could be a shopping center. If you Google the address you'll find a number of businesses there including a pawn shop.

Most items sold 'as is' with no guarantee.
Yes, I figured this out last night after a little research. "As Is" I don't like those words in any purchase. That is a lot of money for that Rolex. I have found that same Rolex for $3K in "Mint" condition. They also charge a 12% fee and shipping on top of the winning bid. They can really take you to the cleaners if you aren't careful.

#12 ·
All items start out at $1.00 - before the auction is open. This allows potential buyers to look over the merchandise they are interested in. Once I have determined what I'm interested in, I do my due diligence and investigate the value of the merchandise I'm interested in. I use Google, Ebay and other sites as well as information I have here at home. I have even gone to a jeweler for information. Now I can set a budget for each item I am interested it. Anything that goes over my budget, I stop bidding on.The actual bidding starts after the auction opens up. I have never, ever seen a Rolox go for a buck. They start out at that price and always end up at or around $3000.00 and more. I have used other auction sites and have found FBA Auctions the best. The discription of their merchandise is accurate. Delivery of won items is fast and Customer Service is very helpful - and guess what? You always get a LIVE person. Keep in mind that there is a 17% Buyers Premium on every winning bid and shipping prices range from $12.00 all the way up to $70.00 or $80.00 and above depending on the weight of the item you won. Hope this helps.....Aleka

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.