Watch Freeks banner

Any thoughts on welder watches?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Chazman1946 
#1 ·
I currently own a welder k24 all black auto. Has a miyota automatic movement. It's very well made and I'd say the quality other than the movement was on par with my uboat flightdeck 45mm I used to own that had the basic v7750 under the hood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
My wrist is around 7 and 3/4. Here's mine

I honestly feel they are the same quality as far as case construction and materials go. However they make them cheaper by using mineral crystals and Japanese movements vs swiss

#7 ·
You are correct sir. Welder is Uboat's side brand. From what I read they launched welder to draw in more customers with a cheaper version of basically a uboat. It seemed to have worked. Don't get me wrong I've owned a uboat and have owed 2 welders. They are side by side in build quality. Welder is the poor man's uboat. =)

#9 ·
I wear a Casio watch at work, I have several. Once in a while I'll wear an Invicta as these are what I call disposable watches. I am careful with even these, and have only ever damaged one by catching it on something and as a result it did not withstand the 40 ft fall. The watches are almost always under a glove. Sometimes I will take it off, depends what I'm climbing in or around.

#10 ·
If I was 30 years younger they may have some appeal to me, right now, none, especially since I wear my watch on my right wrist, that submarine hatch crown would dig deep into my hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.