Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Watch Freek
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone owned the newest M-Force for awhile now? I have read a few intro posts about it when it was released, but not much chatter regarding how it has been performing.

I have had pretty decent luck with other Orients (Mako II, Ray II, Mako XL), best of them being the Mako II - has been consistently keeping time within +/-3 seconds per day for over a year!!

My Ray II has been a bit more inconsistent at +/-9 seconds per day regardless of night time positioning.

I have returned two Orients in the past due to erratic time keeping. I'm chalking those up to bad shipping (they weren't magnatized, they were simply out of whack for lack of a better term).

I like the larger case of the M-Force, the USO complient rating and saphire crystal. Not a fan of the bolted-on crown guard, but I'm willing to live with it.

My question for those of you who have owned it for some time now is how has it been performing? Any issues with it? Any wobbly crown issues? How smooth is the bezel? My understanding is that it has the newer F6727 movement. How does it perform compared to the F6922 movement found on the Mako II?

·
Long Time Member
2,106 Posts
Don't have any other Orients to compare my newer M-Force to, but many, many Seiko models.

Mine runs about +10 sec per day when worn, left on the shelf overnight and picked up the next morning. The crown is just fine by my standards....no perceptible wobble at all. I actually really enjoy the bezel on mine. Probably one of my favorite aspects of the watch. Very, very smooth but stays in place and I've never had an issue.

·
Watch Freek
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have any other Orients to compare my newer M-Force to, but many, many Seiko models.

Mine runs about +10 sec per day when worn, left on the shelf overnight and picked up the next morning. The crown is just fine by my standards....no perceptible wobble at all. I actually really enjoy the bezel on mine. Probably one of my favorite aspects of the watch. Very, very smooth but stays in place and I've never had an issue.

Thank you! It looks awesome! Gaining 10 seconds per day is great in my opinion. I noticed it has a 20mm strap. Does it feel well balanced on the wrist?

·
Long Time Member
909 Posts

What a neat watch! I’m just now seeing this for the first time!

Does the crown screw the bezel down? Seems like a crown tube is a little light for that duty unless the design is somehow beefed up.

·
Long Time Member
2,106 Posts
Just a regular old screw-down crown and the bezel moves all on its own with that little bit of a shroud. 👍

Gosh, I think I am gonna have to get this out and give it some more wrist time!!

·
Watch Freek
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone owned the newest M-Force for awhile now? I have read a few intro posts about it when it was released, but not much chatter regarding how it has been performing.

I have had pretty decent luck with other Orients (Mako II, Ray II, Mako XL), best of them being the Mako II - has been consistently keeping time within +/-3 seconds per day for over a year!!

My Ray II has been a bit more inconsistent at +/-9 seconds per day regardless of night time positioning.

I have returned two Orients in the past due to erratic time keeping. I'm chalking those up to bad shipping (they weren't magnatized, they were simply out of whack for lack of a better term).

I like the larger case of the M-Force, the USO complient rating and saphire crystal. Not a fan of the bolted-on crown guard, but I'm willing to live with it.

My question for those of you who have owned it for some time now is how has it been performing? Any issues with it? Any wobbly crown issues? How smooth is the bezel? My understanding is that it has the newer F6727 movement. How does it perform compared to the F6922 movement found on the Mako II?
Just a regular old screw-down crown and the bezel moves all on its own with that little bit of a shroud. 👍

Gosh, I think I am gonna have to get this out and give it some more wrist time!!
Thanks! I ended up ordering the red dial version. Today will be my first day using it. So far it looks and feels much nicer than I expected!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,853 Posts
Ridiculously nice Snegron ! ..A MIGHTY M-Force congrats 2U !!! :cool:

You know, that red is something special all by itself actually. It's
like a burgundy red with this subtle addition of bronze, or even
brown added in. Holy cowza, it just is amazing, as well as a nice
unique addition to an already uniquely cool watch right?! 😉😎
So many times watches will follow a blueprint, which can be
great. But some times it's nice to also break out of the patterns.
And the M-Force does it big time.

From the mesmerizing dial color, and terrific dial, even excellent
case, bezel, and everything in between, this one rocks !!!

·
Watch Freek
11 Posts

This is an absolute beauty. I would love to add this to my collection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts