Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I find myself to be a bit of a techno-holic. Love the latest tech advancements.....BB's being one of a few other tech like interests.
Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I am also a tech/gadget nut. I was 100% a BB person for years and years. My entire company was and many still are.

But a year or so ago I upgraded away from BB for the first time and got the mini computer phone that is the htc touch pro (or Fuze with AT&T). There really is nothing like it and the range of full computer computing I can do on it for business. I would say I am a "power user" regularly going well over 4000 minutes a month and thousands of texts and emails for work related purposes.

The htc touch pro allows me to run power point presentations off my phone, movies, view all native documents (and adjust them, entire office suite, etc). Now it is WM so you have to do some configuring, but I have completely hacked the entire phone, installed new ROMs, radios, etc. I love tinkering with it and it's 32 gig harddrive.

Basically this one unit is my phone, ipod, camera, and mini computer.

looks like this -

and the new Touch Pro 2 that I am excited to get soon, which maximizes the entire front of the phone as a screen (like an iphone) and upgrades the keypad, etc.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Crackberry here! Like James, tons of min. a month plus other media. I don't even wanna know how much. Thankfully the bosses take care of it!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Too funny James, I was a HTC guy forever until about a year and half ago. HTC without a doubt has some of the most innovative designs and third party capabilities. I just got tired of WM6 and 6.1 but understand that 6.5 is a huge improvement (speed, memory, etc.). I tried the BB's a few years back but was not impressed with OS and the limitations but as with WM6.5 the new 5.0 releases rock-n-roll quite nicely. I do get techno-jealous everytime I see a new HTC (friend has the TP2). I was hyped about the BB Touch Screen (Storm) but 5 minutes with it and it was clear that BB has a long way to go with touch screen technology. The new Storm comes out Wednesday but I am not expecting much.
I also am a power user, thousands of minutes, email, text, web...etc. WatchFreek, TechnoGeek....it's all good!!

TVDinner wrote:
I am also a tech/gadget nut. I was 100% a BB person for years and years. My entire company was and many still are.

But a year or so ago I upgraded away from BB for the first time and got the mini computer phone that is the htc touch pro (or Fuze with AT&T). There really is nothing like it and the range of full computer computing I can do on it for business. I would say I am a "power user" regularly going well over 4000 minutes a month and thousands of texts and emails for work related purposes.

The htc touch pro allows me to run power point presentations off my phone, movies, view all native documents (and adjust them, entire office suite, etc). Now it is WM so you have to do some configuring, but I have completely hacked the entire phone, installed new ROMs, radios, etc. I love tinkering with it and it's 32 gig harddrive.

Basically this one unit is my phone, ipod, camera, and mini computer.

looks like this -

and the new Touch Pro 2 that I am excited to get soon, which maximizes the entire front of the phone as a screen (like an iphone) and upgrades the keypad, etc.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I have a love/hate relationship with mine...It would be one of the first things I would toss overboard but, then I'd be going in after it 'cuz I can't live without it...And now I'm more than a lil' interested in what TVD posted, that phone looks awesome !

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Too funny James, I was a HTC guy forever until about a year and half ago. HTC without a doubt has some of the most innovative designs and third party capabilities. I just got tired of WM6 and 6.1 but understand that 6.5 is a huge improvement (speed, memory, etc.). I tried the BB's a few years back but was not impressed with OS and the limitations but as with WM6.5 the new 5.0 releases rock-n-roll quite nicely. I do get techno-jealous everytime I see a new HTC (friend has the TP2). I was hyped about the BB Touch Screen (Storm) but 5 minutes with it and it was clear that BB has a long way to go with touch screen technology. The new Storm comes out Wednesday but I am not expecting much.
I also am a power user, thousands of minutes, email, text, web...etc. WatchFreek, TechnoGeek....it's all good!
I looked hard at the storm and my big thing is that I MUST have actual keys. I could never have an iphone. Just need real keys.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Cant be without my BB...I have the bold and I will be moving onto the new magnum coming out shortly. It is a Hybrid touch screen and qwerty Keyboard...Holy Grail of BBerry's....

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Jack, that's sound really cool!! Any more info on that particular unit?

Jackprime1 wrote:
Cant be without my BB...I have the bold and I will be moving onto the new magnum coming out shortly. It is a Hybrid touch screen and qwerty Keyboard...Holy Grail of BBerry's....

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
yea I have heard about it and it MIGHT make me switch back, but for now I can do sooooooo much more on my htc then the BB the guys in my company have.

article about the magnum - http://advice.cio.com/al_sacco/rim_blackberry_magnum_with_touch_screen_and_physical_qwerty_coming_in_09

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks James.....slobbering all over myself right now!!
Just please don't let the final version have the "interactive" touch screen that the Storms do...

TVDinner wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
yea I have heard about it and it MIGHT make me switch back, but for now I can do sooooooo much more on my htc then the BB the guys in my company have.

article about the magnum - http://advice.cio.com/al_sacco/rim_blackberry_magnum_with_touch_screen_and_physical_qwerty_coming_in_09

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

if i can chime in quick...the Storm 2 comes out wednesday and I can vouch for the fact that it is significantly cool. Amazing device...

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Forgot to ask or mention; anyone take part in any of the techy forums? Man, they are a tough bunch of "know it all's". I observe and rarely (kinda like another watch site) participate because there are way too many people ready to pounce on a different opinion or thought.
I like Crackberry and find it to be very informative but a little hostile at times. Maybe too many Tech Geeks got beat up in High School and this is their way of imposing their revenge???:?

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I am a G2(my touch HTC) user my self I love the new android phones, but may be getting the new Nokia N900 32Gigs which you can also put an additional 16Gig sd card. that phone is awesome.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Forgot to ask or mention; anyone take part in any of the techy forums? Man, they are a tough bunch of "know it all's". I observe and rarely (kinda like another watch site) participate because there are way too many people ready to pounce on a different opinion or thought.
I like Crackberry and find it to be very informative but a little hostile at times. Maybe too many Tech Geeks got beat up in High School and this is their way of imposing their revenge???:?
I regularly visit and sometimes post on the following ones
http://www.smartphonejunkie.com
http://forum.xda-developers.com
http://www.fuzemobility.com/

Engagit, Wired and a few others also!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Anyone catch the new Versizon Droid commercials? Very interesting but then again every touch phone since the iPhone has been the one to dethrone the king........I would love to play aorund with one.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I'm addicted to my BlackBerry!! The only problem is my work system won't allow the reps to get their email. Only managers and above are allowed that luxury. I do get my personal email on it though. I just LOVE it and yes, I'm addicted!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I went to my local store today and held and played with the htc Touch Pro 2 or Tilt2 as it is called. IT IS INCREDIBLE and a big upgrade from my current htc touch pro 1.

It is basically an iphone...WITH A FULL KEYBOARD. I posted a picture above and it is really awesome. but really expensive!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I will stick with my I-Phone thank you......I had a BB and much prefer the I-Phone. BB was nice but what I have now just feels better to me....of course imo.

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

Blackberry Tour here. I really enjoy mine, but the "improvment" they made to the track ball from the Curve is pretty nonexistent.

Other than that, great graphics on the screen and the data loading is great!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts