Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Any idea if this Audemars Piguet Royal Oak is authentic?
I've been trying to look up on it but still not very sure how to tell if it's truely authentic.

Thanks very much in advance for the help!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,873 Posts
Since you posted no photo, no info, perhaps one of us can get out a Oui-Ja board and consult the spirits to find out what you are talking about.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No photo? But I've posted 3 photos. Unless i'm not doing this right? haha.
Sorry but I'm new to forums, so I'm not too sure if I did it correctly. Can you see the photos in this reply?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Andrema,

Thanks for the help!
And it's alright, I was just curious as to whether it was authentic or not.
Thanks for clarifying on the photos situation as well. haha.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Very fake indeed. They weren't even trying.

I didn't even look at the movement, the first photo of the dial told the tale. How could they not have centered the screws around the bezel? Seriously, the screws are off center...... check out the one at the 2:00 position

·
Registered
680 Posts
If I may ask, how did you acquire this particular watch? I hope that you are able to return it for you money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,873 Posts
Now the photos are appearing, and as Andrema stated, they are of an obvious fake!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Priapism,
I always thought these were how the screws were supposed to be for this AP series thought. The 8 screws are supposed to have that octagonal look, no?

Hi Jcher,
I didn't buy it, just suddenly found it at home so I thought to just check and see. Thanks though!

Hi Chazman1946,
Thanks for clearing that up. Was wondering what I did wrong with the photos.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi Priapism,
I always thought these were how the screws were supposed to be for this AP series thought. The 8 screws are supposed to have that octagonal look, no?
The hexagons, yes. The screw head not centred within the hexagon, no. What I was looking at was the slot in the screw is not actually positioned in the middle almost as though they were hand filed and then positioned into the hexagonal opening.

My eye was drawn to it the second I opened your image.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts