Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hey again guys, i recently discovered a watch that belonged to my Grandad before he passed away, all i know is that it is almost 50 years old as he bought it in the early 1960's, its an Omega Constellation. however, what surprised me is that it hadnt been touched in 12 years, when i picked it up the second hand simply started sweeping smoothly, i am posting some pictures on here and wondered if anyone would know about it? value perhaps? its not in the best condition, but hey... 50 years old!!

think that is the link for the pictures....

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Hi dane - cool watch. I am sure dedward or one of the guys will be able to give you some info on your watch find!!!

on the pictures, once you upload them to your gallery all you have to do to add them to a post is click on the G button when making a post. that will allow you to pick which pictures from YOUR gallery images you want to add to the post.

I did it for you above :)

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i would imagine it is worth something as a collectable - go to a high end jeweler (Torneau) and they can appraise it for you

i have a Rolex i got from my Dad that's from the 70's -its a winder and all i have to do is wind it -i had it in a drawer for about 15 yrs -it's incredible how these "FINE" luxury watchmakers make such an awesome piece that lasts forever

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Wow, what an interesting piece. I wish I knew the model #, but it's going to take some research. Isn't just amazing how you woke it up simply by holding it in your hand? The beauty of automatics, and a COSC, to boot! That bracelet is a work of art. Hang on to this one- there's nothing cooler than inherting a fine timepiece from your grandfather.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

The closest thing i can get to a model number is on the clasp... it says 1503/1

looked it up on google and something came up about omega so i thought i would just post it on here.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That's a very nice Omega!

There should be a serial number inside the caseback or most likely on the movement that could help with the year of manufacture.

It's worthy of good servicing, and I can see this beauty looking like new!

Very nice heirloom!

EDIT: There might be some good info to scour through until other's can chime in with more specifics. :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&q=constellation+pie+pan+photos&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Pm Dedward with the info he asked for and he can take carer of you! Nobody around knows more about Omega and if he cant it will take him one phone call to toppers and all your question will be answered! Nice to have connections in this hobby of ours and you will be in great hands!:)BTW thats an awesome connie! Congrats:c

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.