Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
One of my watching AR coating looks like it was scrapped off, not completely but very lightly. So I was wondering can the AR coating be redone on a watch without changing the crystal?

Reactions: ganson

·
Super Moderator
10,582 Posts
You know that is a really fantastic question Abdullah. :smile-thumb: Have always honestly wondered about this too. ..Hopefully someone has some experience with this, and can help you out here with this sir. :thumb: :)

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Good to see you my friend, your absence has been noticed.

With an exterior AR coating? Not sure if it could be re-applied, but it would be possible to polish it off.

Maybe someone else has some experience with this.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
It can't be reapplied.You must replace the crystal. I try to avoid watches with the external coatings as a result.

Reactions: Abdullah and ganson

·
Registered
920 Posts
Reactions: Abdullah

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I'd just remove the external AR Coating and be done with it

Reactions: Abdullah and ganson

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was busy maintaining this new business, never new it will be so much work to make a new business self-sufficient :)

The watch that's crystal AR needs redoing is the TAG AquaRacer. So if I want to do it I'll have to send it to US and there give it to someone.
It's not visible until you look at it from a certain angle. So should I leave it as it is or send it to be redone?

Reactions: ganson and cmann_97

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Yeah I was busy maintaining this new business, never new it will be so much work to make a new business self-sufficient :)

The watch that's crystal AR needs redoing is the TAG AquaRacer. So if I want to do it I'll have to send it to US and there give it to someone.
It's not visible until you look at it from a certain angle. So should I leave it as it is or send it to be redone?
Truthfully, I would just have the outside AR removed, the difference in appearance will be negligible.

Reactions: cmann_97

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts

I would have it removed by a professional. If you send it to the U.S., have International Watch Works do it for you. Jack is awesome.

Congratulations on your new business!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts