Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a very good experience ordering through Creation Watches and being really really happy with my Seiko SKX007 I decided to place another order.

So have a Seiko SNZF15J on it's way...

Also decided to buy my girlfriend a watch. She's been wearing a cheap supermarket watch which actually isn't too bad but nothing to get excited about. So thought she'd appreciate a titanium Citizen Ecodrive as I have one and it's excellent. For someone who wants a smart watch with minimal maintenance it's a winner -

·
11,575 Posts
Good Work! I see you sprung for another "made in Japan" version. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I thought that since it's an option and the prices are marginally different I may as well go for the JDM model.

If it bad to think that my Seiko feels not dimilar quality to my Tag F1? :eek:

I'd like to assume there is something more to it than just the physical feel of the watch but the Seiko I received last week is excellent. Definitely one of my favourite watches I own.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I love that Pepsi Sea Urchin! Big congrats ! Some call it, the baby Sumo.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Very nice Alex !! :) :) Those will both be getting a ton of wrist time I think. Dual congratulations ahead of time there !! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I suspect my girlfriend will be wearing hers daily

I'll probably alternate my two Siekos day to day and keep my Tags for weekends or special occasions.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Yeah I suspect my girlfriend will be wearing hers daily

I'll probably alternate my two Siekos day to day and keep my Tags for weekends or special occasions.
Cool Alex ! :cool: Going to be great hearing what you have to say about these when they come in. Nice choices !

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
It's never wrong to welcome another Seiko into your home :)

What a thoughtful boyfriend! Keep fanning that ember in her until she becomes a flaming WatchFreek, too!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a thoughtful boyfriend! Keep fanning that ember in her until she becomes a flaming WatchFreek, too!

I am a pretty awesome boyfriend it must be said hahaha I think everyone needs spoiling sometimes and she's great.

Funnily enough my first timepiece I bought since my late teens was an Ecodrive about 4 years ago.

It's titanium so nice and light, never ever stops ticking and for the money is excellent. It made me start to appreciate nice time pieces so you never know if she'll become a watch fan. I'd love to buy her something more luxury one day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What do they do with the OEM boxes?

Having said that I've ordered the box to go with each of mine.

·
11,575 Posts
What do they do with the OEM boxes?

Having said that I've ordered the box to go with each of mine.

Seiko boxes are not much to get excited about IMO, so no real loss in not getting the OEM box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed they're nothing fancy but nice to have for an extra £3 on the price of such a good value watch. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have that Seiko 5 Pepsi model with 7S26 movement and while it doesn't hack/wind its a good solid watch which sits very comfortably on the wrist. Probably the worst feature is the alloy bezel which is prone to scratches and fading but that just gives it that "aged" look which is acceptable to me. Enjoy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suspect I'll alternate this with my 007 day to day so hopefully won't get too much of a bashing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts