Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I was quite pleased with owning just one silver dial and not wanting another one until I could afford a silver dial Doxa that came with a sapphire bezel, one day.

Then I picked this 50th Anniversary Jenny Caribbean 300 Re-Issue LE #006/500 at USPS yesterday morning

The Jenny wears a lot more comfortable than the Zixen. Similar to another watch I love, the Blue Deep Tech. It feels like a brand new watch found in a time capsule from many decades ago. The patented sapphire bezel inserted was a huge factor when pulling trigger even if it only lumes at the 60 position. Not because of the patent, but because I love sapphire bezels, currently own 7.

The Zixen has a huge lug to lug and it's absolutely stunning but this has a different kinda beauty and style that I'm loving very much.

Next step is buying the OEM BoR bracelet, I owe it to myself and the Jenny.
First time posting with Tapatalk, thanks to #four and Tattoo Chef. Thank you ! Been getting so tired of photobucket !

I wore both today to get an idea of what I should do and I'm leaning towards keeping both.

Thanks for viewing !

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Nice Pair Luis!! Love the color of that Zixen bezel. Congrats

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! It's so hard to capture the full glory of silver dials with my "vintage" iPhone 4s. Can't depict those beautiful tiny silver lines. The grey bezel on the Zixen was the ticket. I'm surprised the one on WUS hasn't sold.

·
Super Moderator
10,673 Posts
Those are so nice it's not even funny Luis !! Holy cow, yeah both of those are keepers really. :smileyface_hand_cla On the one hand, you have that vintage funkiness, meets modern awesomeness with the Zixen. Then with the Jenny, you get this perfect tribute to the past. It's incredible really, and both have the nicest silver dials, and sapphire bezels you'll ever see. Boy oh boy Luis, huge congratulations on these two !! Hope you wear them as much as you can ! :) :)

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot, everyone. I thought I made a mistake when I pulled the trigger until I slapped it on the wrist. Really thought it was almost a for sure flipper.

Loving it on perlon now.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are so nice it's not even funny Luis !! Holy cow, yeah both of those are keepers really. :smileyface_hand_cla On the one hand, you have that vintage funkiness, meets modern awesomeness with the Zixen. Then with the Jenny, you get this perfect tribute to the past. It's incredible really, and both have the nicest silver dials, and sapphire bezels you'll ever see. Boy oh boy Luis, huge congratulations on these two !! Hope you wear them as much as you can ! :) :)

Thanks a lot, Tom. You took the words right out of my brain :)
Much love !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts