Gifted to me, just ordered the superman mysterious blue one

Attachments

Reactions: trip_67

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Trip, now that is some real bang for the buck ! :smile-thumb2:

It's funny, so many times we have a picture of a watch company,
or brand, and think they are extremely high end, or out of reach.
However, evidently Yema not only amazes with their watches, and
history. But also their exceptional prices ! :jaw:

Want to thank you for shining a light, and of course the heads up !!!

By the way, looking good Alain ! :coo2l: :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Shame they didn't go with an exhibition case back. That in house movement looks phenomenal. When you make something that nice, you should show it off no ? Solid case backs are for base model and quartz movements.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Shame they didn't go with an exhibition case back. That in house movement looks phenomenal. When you make something that nice, you should show it off no ? Solid case backs are for base model and quartz movements.
Just checked them out on their website, the movements are really decorated well, and where else could you get a watch with an in-house movement this inexpensive outside of Orient or Seiko?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yema is running another sale.
https://en.yema.com/pages/sales-2020
40% off for the Superman with their in-house movement.
$414 for this
Been checking Yema out for the last few days. Gonna take a pass on the Superman. Nice piece but IMO, the mineral crystal, bezel insert and hand set, especially that "shovel" second hand kind of brings it down. And not being a real diver, that bezel lock doesn't do it for me. Could have a bigger crown guard too. :eek:hwell:
However, I have fallen in love with the Navygraf Heritage. :love: Now that piece has everything I want. Except the "Patent pending" thing which I hope they'll be losing soon. Thanks alot for introducing me to the brand. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
So I talked to customer service today about purchasing a Navygraf Heritage. I asked them how long it would be until they removed the "Patent Pending" from the dial. Celine very nicely told me that the "Patent Pending" is there to stay as some sort of stupid acknowledgment to the original. She also said they think it forms a pleasing smile on the dial. (Freaking French) I told her, you have to be kidding me right ? She said No. I asked if they would consider making me a one-off custom. She said she would talk to workshop in the upcoming week and let me know by email. Excellent customer service. But I don't understand the "Patent Pending" thing in the first place. Certainly not buying one unless that is removed. It looks amateur. Like it's not finished. I could say it's a prototype. But then I'd have to go around lying to everyone. I'm a fan of the less writing on the dial, the better it looks. Hope they'll do the custom. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts