Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from Android that they are downsizing and rebranding. Anybody have any insight into this?

Firstly... Dont Panic... we are not, and have never mentioned, going out of business.

Since forming our company in 1991 my sister and I have had the most amazing experience and learnt a great deal along the way. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever believe we could have grown this quickly and we truly have you all to thank for this. Our commitment to provide you with the best service and quality products allowed us to expand our company rapidly. Not wanting to loose sight of our original goals we now feel the time has come to relaunch ourselves completely. In order to do this we have downsized our company so that we can take our time to re-boot, re-brand and restart. Most importantly our commitment is to you and our goal is to start an amazing boutique brand using the highest quality components. New designs are coming and will hopefully be ready for their curtain call before the end of this year.

I hope with these revelations I have instilled a sense of calm. Please know that we will continue to honor all warranties and services for ANDROID, STRIDER (ST001) and ZAVTRA (ZT001, ZT002, ZT003, ZT004, and ZT005) Watches we made. Our business and service address remains the same. (Please do not call or email between June 22nd - August 16th 2015 if you wish to have an immediate response.)
Now on a more personal note, between June 22nd and August 16th we will officially close the office for our very first summer vacation since our opening our business. My family and I are taking this opportunity to enjoy some quality time together, something that I have not been able to do prior to this change due to travel and business commitments.

We ask that you please take note of these dates when sending any watch repairs etc. so that we may return your items to you in a timely fashion. And be reassured that everything will return to business as usual August 17th 2015. If you have any questions, queries etc. while we are away please do not hesitate to email me directly.

Finally we are very excited for our new venture and hope you feel the same way too. Be assured that you can expect the same service and quality you have come to expect from us over the years.
Have a wonderful summer break and keep your eyes peeled for more news after our return.

Quick recap:

1. DONT PANIC
2. SEND ALL WATCH REPAIRS/EXCHANGE ETC TO SAME SERVICE ADDRESS (We are not moving)
3. DO NOT CALL OR SEND REPAIRS BETWEEN JUNE 22ND-AUGUST 17TH 2015
4. OPERATION WILL RESUME AUGUST 17TH 2015 AS USUAL
5. HAVE A QUESTION... PM ME ON FACEBOOK (Wing Liang).
Thank you once again for your loyalty.

Wing

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I also read a FB post from Mike {former CEO of Invicta who now does advertising for many watch companies}. He post that Android had apparerntly lost a case against the Google corporation for the android name.
So it looks like Wing is consolidating and rebranding in a way to save his customer base.
I hope he does it well, I would hate to see his watches go. I like them for the most part.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
AS THE WING TURNS...

ScottyB fave horological chinese soap opera-

first off let me say this about that- "REPORTS OF MY DEATH HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGERATED " MARK TWAIN

WING is a stand-up dude...always was...always will be

he made changes to his business model that are good for him and his family

he has sworn himself blue in the face that all warranties will be honored-

he sez after his 6 week vaycay he will be doing boutique tools with quality components under the new trademark-

IN WING WE TRUST

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This all started early this year. You could see the liquidation taking place via the giveaway prices on existing pieces. It was mentioned on Evine when he made his last appearance. I think customers were alienated by this. I am not convinced he will be back making watches at all. Time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Hadn't heard about this rxer, or even known anything about the whole Google thing either. Sounds like Wing has some really interesting ideas up his sleeve though. :thumb: Going to be exciting seeing what's on the horizon.

Thanks so much for the heads up about all of this rxer !

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Never cared fro Android models much, but have heard nothing but stellar things about how they do business.

I hope they continue to do well as they open a new chapter in their business.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
I wish Wing well. He has always treated me fairly. I've owned a few Androids and they have always performed well, at a fair price, and with exceptional customer service. I wish him nothing but good fortune on his new endeavor.

·
1,257 Posts
Never cared much for most of their designs, but bought an Android Antiforce Chrono at a ridiculously low price, for the specs, a while back. Found out about the sale in a thread here. Really like the watch for around the house wear and tear. Wish them well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 5 Androids. 4 have ETA 2824-2 movements. 1 has a SW 200 movement. They are all great watches and I wear them often and proudly. I am sure Wing will be back with more great new watches.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well, first he was supposed to be back in August ... I keep getting emails from "Android" with liquidation prices. If you go to the website it has a leather watch box with "Wing Engineered" embossed on it and a message saying coming in December. I still doubt, as I stated earlier in this thread, that anything like the old Android watch company will return.

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Well, first he was supposed to be back in August ... I keep getting emails from "Android" with liquidation prices. If you go to the website it has a leather watch box with "Wing Engineered" embossed on it and a message saying coming in December. I still doubt, as I stated earlier in this thread, that anything like the old Android watch company will return.
That has been my thought too, though I hope we're both wrong. I'm not a big fan of many of the watches; however, their reputation combined with a few of the models make me at the least want to keep track of what happens. Wing clearly has a way with design. I'm just a little more conservative in what I choose to purchase in both design and cost. Anyway, I suppose time will tell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts