Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I love my Concept T Retrograde. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. From the first time I saw it the only concern I had was that it has a domed crystal. Well, I must have bumped it into something yesterday as it has a very small chip in the apex of the dome. Hard to see under normal conditions but when I was driving home from work the sun hit the crystal and BINGO there it was. I've sent a PM to Wing to inquire about repair and repair costs. There are many things I can live with, a swirl on a clasp for instance, but a scratched crystal drives me insane. This makes me sad......

Before:

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Marc,

I'm sorry my friend. I know exactly what your talking about. Once I get a scratch or chip in a crystal it will eat at me like sand in my underwear Ha Ha LOL!! As you know my SO showed up new with scratches Arghh!!! Hopefully Wing can help you out and get it fixed for a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Marc,

I'm sorry my friend. I know exactly what your talking about. Once I get a scratch or chip in a crystal it will eat at me like sand in my underwear Ha Ha LOL!! As you know my SO showed up new with scratches Arghh!!! Hopefully Wing can help you out and get it fixed for a reasonable price.
Thanks for the empathy. I'd take it to my local guy but I have a feeling this crystal will be hard for him to get. Android might be the best choice to get it fixed. I'll wait for Wing to respond. He is usually good about that. I've contacted him before I bought it because I was afraid the bracelet might be too short for me. He said if it was to contact him and he would send links, but it fit fine when it arrived.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I sold one of my T-Rex's too my Electrician a few months back, he called me Yesterday and said he shattered the crystal. I guess he actually hit it on the door knob and blew it apart. I chipped a flame fusion not long ago, and had too have it replaced. I think this isnt that uncommon I have had too replace 5 of them now.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

HOLD ON HOLD ON BALLBOY!!!!

this is not a tough fix!!!

try some clear nail polish!!! let it dry and then remove any excess with nail polish remover

as the wife for her assist!!

you should be good - i tried this on one of my Lupahs and it worked -you just have to let it dry for about an hour and remove any excess -try and put very small amount on the scratch

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
HOLD ON HOLD ON BALLBOY!!!!

this is not a tough fix!!!

try some clear nail polish!!! let it dry and then remove any excess with nail polish remover

as the wife for her assist!!

you should be good - i tried this on one of my Lupahs and it worked -you just have to let it dry for about an hour and remove any excess -try and put very small amount on the scratch
M&M

This isn't your warped sense of humor or an April Fool's joke early. Never heard of using Nail polish on a chipped crystal. Worth a try I guess. It would need to be repalced anyway.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

its worth a try -if it doesnt work you can take it off easy -if it works it cost you nothing!!

seriously it worked on my lupah!!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Just remember.

The nail polish goes on the crystal.

No funny stuff!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

dedward wrote:
At the apex.you mean the top of the dome? it shouldn't chip.thats the densest area of the crystal.of course its no sapphire but I don't think it should chip on the dome.
It did. Just a tiny spec of a chip almost directly at the apex of the dome (right over the point where the minute and hour hands mount).

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Did you try the nail polish Marc? You know you have a ton of it laying around, lol

Seriously - did you try that?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I have not. I'm waiting to hear back from Wing before I do anything.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

BB- try it -worse case scenario -you take it off with nail polish remover and it looks exactly the same

just make sure you use CLEAR not that HOT LIPSTICK RED you use when you meet clients for lunch!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

Spaceview wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
I have not. I'm waiting to hear back from Wing before I do anything.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

well marc I see you went over 2500 congrats again. It cant hurt to try the nail polish, because if it doesnt work you only have to clean it off. Your wife can do it since Iam sure she cleans her fingernails.:%:%

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.