Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
imported post

Gorgeous watch, George . . . congrats!

That is my favorite NFW watch (to date). :)

Thanks for sharing your pic and ENJOY!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,045 Posts
imported post

That is one great looking watch and now that I am a "NFW member" I know it goes way beyond the looks alone.
Big congrats G, you're gonna love it! Be sure to do a testimonial to Fox telling him how life changing your NFW experience is!!!

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
recently acquired
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

That is the exact Regulator that I want George. Very nice. I tried to order that one a few months back and it was out of stock so I got my Vector. Congrats and enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
imported post

Very nice and I love the box it comes it - Great pickup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thaks guys -it really is a nice piece!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,491 Posts
imported post

Great looking watch, George. Like the yellow dial. The bracelet makes the dial really POP. Wear it well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,045 Posts
imported post

Well in that case Ralph, I have a brand new NFW box for sale....199.95!! I take Paypal, checks, money orders, Diners, Texaco....Girl Scout Cookies...LOL.

I'll sit by the mailbox and await payment.

CJ
rmar wrote:
Very nice and I love the box it comes it - Great pickup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

its a miyota chrono quartz
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
its a miyota chrono quartz
Really?? Hummmm...... I love the designs and the quality, but the movements I don't know about. That is my big hang up with NFW. Don't get me wrong I think George makes great watches and he sounds like a great guy, but he needs to get into the Swiss movements for the asking price he wants on his timepieces. If he made the Viperfish or the AP with a ETA 2824-2 or a Valjoux 7750 I would buy one from him for a very hefty price.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

That watch needs to come in a 50mm, I have always loved that watch just too damned small!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

i heard him comment once about eta - i dont think he's gonna go swiss -i'll just leave it at that

i dont have a problem with the miyota's and as for cost -since he's not putting out alot of volume you gotta understand the design's and cost of production are probably the reason's behind the cost

i think he makes up for it in QC & CS -excuse me -REAL QC & CS not INVISIBLE QC & CS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

i would agree with you on this - its a 44-46mm i think it would look awesome @ 48-50mm




RipitRon wrote:
That watch needs to come in a 50mm, I have always loved that watch just too damned small!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
i heard him comment once about eta - i dont think he's gonna go swiss -i'll just leave it at that

i dont have a problem with the miyota's and as for cost -since he's not putting out alot of volume you gotta understand the design's and cost of production are probably the reason's behind the cost

i think he makes up for it in QC & CS -excuse me -REAL QC & CS not INVISIBLE QC & CS
I hear you there and you have a valid point. I just need to get over my hang-up with movements I guess. I'm sure I will break down and buy the Viperfish with the Miyota automatic movement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

AUTO -me too!!!

i wish it were cheaper but hey - at least its not a Venom

it looks alot like a venom IMO but

1-you get a strap & a bracelet
2- you get an auto choice
3 - you get NFW QC & CS

enough said!!!



Watchguru58 wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:
i heard him comment once about eta - i dont think he's gonna go swiss -i'll just leave it at that

i dont have a problem with the miyota's and as for cost -since he's not putting out alot of volume you gotta understand the design's and cost of production are probably the reason's behind the cost

i think he makes up for it in QC & CS -excuse me -REAL QC & CS not INVISIBLE QC & CS
I hear you there and you have a valid point. I just need to get over my hang-up with movements I guess. I'm sure I will break down and buy the Viperfish with the Miyota automatic movement.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
AUTO -me too!!!

i wish it were cheaper but hey - at least its not a Venom

it looks alot like a venom IMO but

1-you get a strap & a bracelet
2- you get an auto choice
3 - you get NFW QC & CS

enough said!!!



Watchguru58 wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:
i heard him comment once about eta - i dont think he's gonna go swiss -i'll just leave it at that

i dont have a problem with the miyota's and as for cost -since he's not putting out alot of volume you gotta understand the design's and cost of production are probably the reason's behind the cost

i think he makes up for it in QC & CS -excuse me -REAL QC & CS not INVISIBLE QC & CS
I hear you there and you have a valid point. I just need to get over my hang-up with movements I guess. I'm sure I will break down and buy the Viperfish with the Miyota automatic movement.
Very true. Plus you are dealing with a class act guy unlike the other so called company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

its a shame - i think EL is a good guy -just a little greedy maybe -but hey -we all have families - i dont blame him in making money -and he has made some smart business choices -ingenious designs, great pricing, alot of styles and sizes and price points for everyone

they just fell behind in QC & CS -maybe they are working on this
hopefully they are

until then -i'm out


Watchguru58 wrote:
Plus you are dealing with a class act guy unlike the other so called company.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top