Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To celebrate its 20th birthday, Amazon is introducing Prime Day, a "global shopping event" that the retail giant says will offer more deals than Black Friday. The deals will become available at midnight ET on July 15th, but will only be available to Amazon Prime customers.

http://www.theverge.com/…/amazon-prime-day-bigger-than-blac…

Amazon says 20th birthday celebration will be bigger than Black Friday

To celebrate its 20th birthday, Amazon is introducing Prime Day, a "global shopping event" that the retail giant says will offer more deals than Black Friday.

Reactions: spanky1

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I hope they discount my gotta have Casio. The PRG270.
Sears posted a discount headsup on the watch.Tried to order it using my Kindle. Figured I could order it
at home using my desk top. Marked down from $180.00 to $110.00.
Nope! Sears 86d the offer before I could order it at home.

Sears. That ain't fair pool.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I hope they discount my gotta have Casio. The PRG270.
Sears posted a discount headsup on the watch.Tried to order it using my Kindle. Figured I could order it
at home using my desk top. Marked down from $180.00 to $110.00.
Nope! Sears 86d the offer before I could order it at home.

Sears. That ain't fair pool.

X traindriver Art
Arogle, go quick!!! $100 one left!
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-PRG-270-1-Protrek-Multi-Function-Digital/dp/B00ENCRBO4?tag=duckduckgo-d-20

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Sounds cool. But I didn't renew my amazon prime membership when they bumped up the price. Found that I didn't stream enough movies as I just don't have the time to watch a lot of movies and most of the time you can get free or mimimal charge shipping if your willing to get the economy shipping.

Also, now that amazon charges tax I found I can usually get a better deal on ebay.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds cool. But I didn't renew my amazon prime membership when they bumped up the price.
I was able to use the Prime Gift order to avoid the first price increase. If you ordered yourself a gift membership at the original price they honored it when your account came time for renewal even though the price was increased. That was good for the first price increase only. Soon I'll need to decide if it is worth the higher price. I do love Amazon and Prime. But I don't use any of the other Prime services except shipping.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Wow, 99 bucks to get in on the deal. No thanks.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I order a lot of stuff from Amazon, I use the streaming music, and we all use the steaming video. I make my money back with free 2 days shipping alone.
Well, I don't buy much there and when I do it's enough to get free shipping. May take a week but i'm in no hurry :)

I may try it someday, but I stream my own music and videos from my computer. Gave up TV many years ago and you'd be amazed at what you can get for free.

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Code:
Well, I don't buy much there and when I do it's enough to get free shipping. May take a week but i'm in no hurry :)

I may try it someday, but I stream my own music and videos from my computer. Gave up TV many years ago and you'd be amazed at what you can get for free.
Haven't paid for cable since 2007!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I'll wait to see if anything on my wish list is discounted on the 15th. BTW, Discover Card's 5% cash bonus is currently for purchases from home improvement stores and Amazon.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder if I can get a free trial of amazon prime so I can check out the deals than cancel afterward.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder if I can get a free trial of amazon prime so I can check out the deals than cancel afterward.

I believe you can. I've heard that this is Amazon's strategy to attract new Prime members, hoping that a certain percentage of trial members will spring for a year subscription.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amazon promises massive deals during Prime Day sale, more than Black Friday

https://games.yahoo.com/news/amazon-promises-massive-deals-during-133002863.html

Next week, Amazon will play host to a day of deals that the company says will out-save the over-the-top sales that flood Black Friday every year.

The catch? You have to be a member of the $99 Prime service to participate.
"On Wednesday, July 15 new and existing members will be able to shop thousands of Lightning Deals, Deals of the Day, and will receive unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping," according to the Amazon post. "Members will find deals starting at midnight PDT, with new deals starting throughout the day, as often as every ten minutes."

The sale promises to drop prices in a slew of categories including video games and electronics. Stop back next week as we try to call out the best deals, also so you can brag about what you bagged.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Funk:
Saw that.Should order today (if it's still available i.e.)
As a matter of fact, the "Zon" was cheaper than Sears.
About $10.00 cheaper.
Im a Prime Member. Think I aughta wait til discount day
to see if the 270 is still avail or order tomorrow?
I'm a "look before you leap" kinda Freek!

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Funk:
Saw that.Should order today (if it's still available i.e.)
As a matter of fact, the "Zon" was cheaper than Sears.
About $10.00 cheaper.
Im a Prime Member. Think I aughta wait til discount day
to see if the 270 is still avail or order tomorrow?
I'm a "look before you leap" kinda Freek!

X traindriver Art
It might be worth the wait. Also, if it doesn't go on sale, it will be a similar price afterward, I bet. When I was looking for a G-Shock I watched the prices on the few I was considering and they will fluctuate from $5-20$ or so from day-to-day... shoot, sometimes hour-to-hour. However, they always seem to come down to a pretty low price point at some time.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm also only slightly sad to say I can't participate in Amazon's birthday as I'll be on a cruise ship next week! Bahama's, here comes the Funk!!! :smile-thumb:

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
According to my inside source—who absolutely refused to divulge any more details than this—these sweet deals will include these two tempting tech bargains:

A quality, name-brand 32-inch Smart HDTV for under $200

Chromebook laptops for only $199

·
Registered
915 Posts
Fingers crossed ...may the watch gods smile on us next week
At Amazon!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Prime Day Giveaways

Amazon is also offering a few giveaways on Prime Day to entice members to try out different features, primarily its Prime Photo and Prime Music services.

The #PrimeLiving Photo Contest invites members to share a photo showing "how Prime helps enable some of their happy moments" through July 15. A winner in each Prime-eligible country -- U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada and Austria -- will be selected to receive $10,000 in Amazon gift cards and have the option to set the winning photo as a screen saver on Amazon Fire TVs.

Amazon's other giveaway is being offered through Prime Music. Subscribers can play any song, playlist, album or station on July 15 to enter to win up to $25,000 in Amazon gift cards.

Prime Day Deals will start rolling in on Wednesday, July 15 at 12 a.m., and new deals will begin as often as every 10 minutes. The Prime Day deals will include seven "Deals of the Day" as well as thousands of "Lightning Deals," and purchases will come with unlimited free and fast shipping.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts