Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured I'd rectify that. Went looking for some small time limited production stuff. Stumbled into a wonderful brand I'd never heard of called Obris Morgan. Word is they don't really follow trends. They might make two different watches in any one year. Maybe 500 of each. Every time you go to their site. Everything is always sold out. And their not easy to find second hand. Evidently, those who buy them like them.
So when I found a guy in Canada who had an Explorer I vintage 2013 with hardly any mileage on it. I immediately engaged in trying to relieve him of it... He drove a hard bargain. But I closed it last night and I just got an email that it shipped today.
Discontinued 7 years ago. This watch is built like a tank. Everything is screwed in. Solid case back. No date. Tool Diver. Anybody who wants to know more about this under the radar brand can go here. The Offical Website of Obris Morgan Timepieces - Infinity
Meanwhile here's a few sellers pics and some specs. I'm psyched. 馃榿

Watch Case

- SUS316L Stainless Steel

- 120 click Uni-directional Bezel

- 42.00mm x 51.00mm x 12.00 mm

- 20.00mm Lug Width

- 8.00mm x 3.20mm Crown Size

Crystal

Double Domed Sapphire (Interior Anti-Refl Coating)
Movement

- Japan Made Miyota 9015

- Automatic Mechanical

- 28,800 BPH

- 42 hours Duration
Dial

- Matte Dial

- Swiss Superluminova C1

Hands

- Swiss Superluminova C1
Features

- Screw-in Crown

- Automatic Helium Valve

Registered
I have got to the stage half my collection are micro brand watches. Of course, determining what exactly is a micro brand is quite subjective. I believe micro brands offer better value for money, the customer service is better, and it's to wear something you know most other people know nothing about.

Registered
Great looking watch. Simple dial yet very attractive!

Reactions: forzaferrari

Registered
So I figured I'd rectify that. Went looking for some small time limited production stuff. Stumbled into a wonderful brand I'd never heard of called Obris Morgan. Word is they don't really follow trends. They might make two different watches in any one year. Maybe 500 of each. Every time you go to their site. Everything is always sold out. And their not easy to find second hand. Evidently, those who buy them like them.
So when I found a guy in Canada who had an Explorer I vintage 2013 with hardly any mileage on it. I immediately engaged in trying to relieve him of it... He drove a hard bargain. But I closed it last night and I just got an email that it shipped today.
Discontinued 7 years ago. This watch is built like a tank. Everything is screwed in. Solid case back. No date. Tool Diver. Anybody who wants to know more about this under the radar brand can go here. The Offical Website of Obris Morgan Timepieces - Infinity
Meanwhile here's a few sellers pics and some specs. I'm psyched. 馃榿

Watch Case

- SUS316L Stainless Steel

- 120 click Uni-directional Bezel

- 42.00mm x 51.00mm x 12.00 mm

- 20.00mm Lug Width

- 8.00mm x 3.20mm Crown Size

Crystal

Double Domed Sapphire (Interior Anti-Refl Coating)
Movement

- Japan Made Miyota 9015

- Automatic Mechanical

- 28,800 BPH

- 42 hours Duration
Dial

- Matte Dial

- Swiss Superluminova C1

Hands

- Swiss Superluminova C1
Features

- Screw-in Crown

- Automatic Helium Valve
Where are these watches made?

Super Moderator
Hey neat Forza, yet another awesome home run of a watch, or
actually grand slam ! o_O 馃槷 You are on fire, and holy cow we
don鈥檛 see Obris Morgan enough anymore. It really is like you
picked yourself up an extremely limited edition here ! 馃槑

Yowza, what a first dive into micro brands ! Think you鈥檒l just love
this one Forza ! Big congrats ahead of time !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hey neat Forza, yet another awesome home run of a watch, or
actually grand slam ! o_O 馃槷 You are on fire, and holy cow we
don鈥檛 see Obris Morgan enough anymore. It really is like you
picked yourself up an extremely limited edition here ! 馃槑

Yowza, what a first dive into micro brands ! Think you鈥檒l just love
this one Forza ! Big congrats ahead of time !!!
Thanks again Tom. Really looking forward to this one. You see the build on this thing ??? Lotta steel and screws there. No pins anywhere. Freaking tank watch. Even the crystal is 4.5mm thick.馃槅 Big ol' chunky bezel. And such a nice color. I mean everybody does dark blue. This is so unique. I already have another one on my radar and I haven't even seen this one yet. I'm just a little psyched about this one. Can ya tell ??? 馃榿

Registered
Never had any of their watches, but do have many of their excellent rubber straps.

Registered
I had an Explorer II, very similar but 12:00 triangle was the more traditional upside down, I like yours better. I didn't sell mine either but it was stolen at an old job of mine. 馃が

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I had an Explorer II, very similar but 12:00 triangle was the more traditional upside down, I like yours better. I didn't sell mine either but it was stolen at an old job of mine. 馃が
Wow ! That sucks big time. Yeah, the bezels are about the only difference. The number 30 is upside down on the one I got. Some people like it, some don't. It's different. So I like it.:)

Super Moderator
Thanks again Tom. Really looking forward to this one. You see the build on this thing ??? Lotta steel and screws there. No pins anywhere. Freaking tank watch. Even the crystal is 4.5mm thick.馃槅 Big ol' chunky bezel. And such a nice color. I mean everybody does dark blue. This is so unique. I already have another one on my radar and I haven't even seen this one yet. I'm just a little psyched about this one. Can ya tell ??? 馃榿
Yes, totally see the build, and just all around quality Forza ! 馃榾It's almost
like at the very time these came out, that the micro brand thing was really
hitting it's stride right?! 馃槈The bold, and chunky designs, and just wow, or
fun factor was off the charts. Seriously, just the bracelets, and crowns are
something to see ! 馃槻Yup, there's a lot to be psyched about with this one,
and love how it got you interested in other models too evidently !!!

Am super excited for you sir !

Registered
Where are these watches made?
Hong Kong. Never ever let that put you off though. If you handle some of the better watches made in that region you will be amazed by the finish and quality. Watches such as Borealis, Helm, and San Martin, are superb. Alternatively one can buy a Swiss made version for ten times the price, only to find that 40% of it was made in China anyway. I have three Tissot watches, and love them all, however, when next to my San Martin, or even Heimdallr, they are put to shame.

Registered
Hong Kong. Never ever let that put you off though. If you handle some of the better watches made in that region you will be amazed by the finish and quality. Watches such as Borealis, Helm, and San Martin, are superb. Alternatively one can buy a Swiss made version for ten times the price, only to find that 40% of it was made in China anyway. I have three Tissot watches, and love them all, however, when next to my San Martin, or even Heimdallr, they are put to shame.
Hasn't put me off yet. As a matter of fact MW, it was you who sparked my interest in San Martin watches and as a result of that, I'm the proud owner of a San Martin 62 MAS. It has been on my wrist every day since receiving it 3 weeks ago. :)

Reactions: forzaferrari
1 - 15 of 15 Posts