Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Hamilton NATO leather strap on my khaki field mechanical and I'd like to buy a nylon NATO as well. They're a bit pricy on the Hamilton site. Does anyone know of an alternate (more affordable) source for Hamilton straps? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
If you don't mind having a strap that is not from Hamilton, but rather another producer, there are quite a few companies that make them. There is even one who advertises on this forum, and a tonne available online (I tend to avoid the really cheap ones as they are, well, really really cheap)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I prefer single pass through natos. I wear a couple on my Hamilton. Haveston makes good quality straps at a reasonable price. Below are photos of their tan squadron leather, which has one floating keeper. Haveston has a nice selection of natos, including canvas ones.

Welcome to Haveston

I also have the A.F.0210. strap, which is an accurate recreation of a WWII era canvas strap, right down to the brass hardware.

Home Page - A.F.0210.

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't mind having a strap that is not from Hamilton, but rather another producer, there are quite a few companies that make them. There is even one who advertises on this forum, and a tonne available online (I tend to avoid the really cheap ones as they are, well, really really cheap)
Thanks! I'd like to explore this. Are there any in particular that you would recommend?

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer single pass through natos. I wear a couple on my Hamilton. Haveston makes good quality straps at a reasonable price. Below are photos of their tan squadron leather, which has one floating keeper. Haveston has a nice selection of natos, including canvas ones.

Welcome to Haveston

I also have the A.F.0210. strap, which is an accurate recreation of a WWII era canvas strap, right down to the brass hardware.

Home Page - A.F.0210.

Thanks for getting back to me! Those are awesome straps and I'll certainly check out the website.

I see you have the same Hamilton khaki mechanical I have. What year model is yours? What kind of accuracy are you seeing with yours? Have you had any issues? I'm asking because this is my first Hamilton and I've only had my khaki field mechanical for a few weeks now. Thanks again!

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Welcome to Haveston

Home Page - A.F.0210.

I visited the Haveston site but unfortunately I didn't find either of the straps that you took pictures of. Do they still sell these straps or perhaps I didn't look in the right place? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Take a look at toxicnatos.com. Terry's a WIS and a good guy. He sells good straps at a fair price and has great customer service. He doesn't sell much of the single pass style I like. His Magnum rubber strap is the best alternative to Isofrane I know of.

My Hamilton is H694290 with a brown dial. It's a slightly older model with an ETA 2801-2 instead of the newer H-50. It's running very well, about +1 spd, and the power reserve is better than I would expect from this movement, which I've observed at about 50 hours. The H-50 is supposed to have an 80 hour power reserve, but I reckon the ETA movement would be easier to get serviced by an independent watchmaker. I think the older models of the Hamilton Khaki Mechanical are getting to be more sought after.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take a look at toxicnatos.com. Terry's a WIS and a good guy. He sells good straps at a fair price and has great customer service. He doesn't sell much of the single pass style I like. His Magnum rubber strap is the best alternative to Isofrane I know of.

My Hamilton is H694290 with a brown dial. It's a slightly older model with an ETA 2801-2 instead of the newer H-50. It's running very well, about +1 spd, and the power reserve is better than I would expect from this movement, which I've observed at about 50 hours. The H-50 is supposed to have an 80 hour power reserve, but I reckon the ETA movement would be easier to get serviced by an independent watchmaker. I think the older models of the Hamilton Khaki Mechanical are getting to be more sought after.
Your brown dial looks great. I fell in love with the white dial first time I saw it. Yours is running better than mine which is at -3.5 spd after about 16 days. I'll monitor for 30 days. How often do you plan to service it? I'm figuring on servicing mine about every 5 years.

Thanks for the toxicnatos suggestion. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
BTW, the A.F.0210. is from a different outfit and is more of a bespoke strap. Strap widths can be somewhat limited, especially in the black and green selections, but he seems willing to do custom lengths.

Home Page - A.F.0210.

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, the A.F.0210. is from a different outfit and is more of a bespoke strap. Strap widths can be somewhat limited, especially in the black and green selections, but he seems willing to do custom lengths.

Home Page - A.F.0210.
Awesome. Many thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
18,313 Posts
Looks like the guys really got you covered with this Rob ! (y) (y)
Actually don’t have any experience with leather NATO straps.
But did get a few regular NATOS from a place called Cheapest
NATO Straps this past Christmas.

The site has so many different styles of straps it ‘s not even
funny, and all the straps I received were terrific. You will see
that they are based in Sweden, so delivery can take a little
longer. However, it was worth the wait. 🙂

Adding in their link right below...

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like the guys really got you covered with this Rob ! (y) (y)
Actually don’t have any experience with leather NATO straps.
But did get a few regular NATOS from a place called Cheapest
NATO Straps this past Christmas.

The site has so many different styles of straps it ‘s not even
funny, and all the straps I received were terrific. You will see
that they are based in Sweden, so delivery can take a little
longer. However, it was worth the wait. 🙂

Adding in their link right below...

WOW!! I've never seen so many straps in my life! Thanks for the tip. (y)

·
Watch Freek
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Welcome to Haveston

Home Page - A.F.0210.

Hey Chuck, my new Haveston squadron leather just arrived and I love it!!! Looks fantastic on my KFM.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Thanks for the suggestion!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.