1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

From Larry:

All Right Gang,

We have heard from many of you who have been disenchanted over the mesh bracelet on the Alpine Challenge.

There have been three complaints that have been voiced repeatedly, and I would like to do my best to address them.

1. The size. Fits a wrist size from 7.5" to 9.75"

2. The keepers. Do not hold in place well enough.

3. Disclosure. Some of you feel that I was not forthcoming about the size.

First, on the disclosure issue, all I can say is that I did not realize the size limitations. Now I know that does not speak well of my position....because I should have known. But I didn't. When Jim said, "you need a 7.5" wrist size to fit this bracelet," I was surprised to hear that. I had done shows that very day with Katina, and Lynne and they had it on and never once mentioned it. I knew that it fit me fine and I wear an 8 wrist size. I did notice that there was quite a bit of the strap hanging over.... but I only thought that this was a good thing in that it will fit larger size guys for once.

I did not have to wear it on the last hole, there were still two more holes there. I did not stop to think that this was going to be a problem on the low side. We have never had this issue before. Normally, when a new model comes in, I will do the data sheets on the model myself, so that I can learn every aspect of the model. And that includes the wrist size. I have a sizing device (watch mandrel) that I will use to determine the wrist size. Unfortunately, the delivery of the Alpine was delayed for several reasons. For one thing, we had to repack them all in our factory after the decision was made by ShopNBC to remove the extra strap from the box. The Alpine Challenge was already completely boxed and ready to ship from overseas when the order came to take the strap out! We had to open every single box, remove the straps and the insert that the watch and strap were sitting in, put new inserts in the boxes, and then repack! This cost us at least a week. The straps had to be repacked with a tool in a seperate bag... that was what caused the delay on the straps.

In any event, as soon as the samples came in, they had to be overnighted to ShopNBC for processing into the system. I was only able to pull one piece out of the samples to give to Jim for him to shoot, and that was the orange one. I would have liked to have given Jim at least a couple of the executions if not all.... but we just couldn't spare the samples. When you do an OTV for Shop, they don't just want one set of samples. They want multiple sets for various reasons. I did not have the watch nor the time to do the customary data sheets that we do. I was not worried about it though, because I know the Alpine inside and out.... or so I thought. In the end, it came back to bite me. Had I known about the size of the strap, I most certainly would have said, "if your wrist size is below 7.5", the mesh bracelet will be too big for you." I have said as much on other models. I don't think that it would have hurt us that bad anyway. For most guys who wear a 7, the leather strap is a viable option. And if we would have sold less units, it would not have been the end of the world anyway. I most assuredly would have mentioned it....and for sure, when I was on with Katina and Lynne, I would have pointed it out. All I can say now is, I am sorry for not knowing my product like I should have.

The issue of the size of the Mesh Bracelet.... Here is what we have decided to do: We are having some shorter versions of the Mesh Bracelet being made! The new Mesh Bracelet will be made to fit a 6.5" to 8.5" wrist (approx.). We expect to have them in NY by the end of March. However, let's say mid-April just to be on the safe side.

Anyone who wishes, can send us their mesh bracelet for a swap out for the new smaller one.

You will not have to pay the shipping charge.... however, you will have to get yours to us. If you use regular old US Post Office, you can probably mail it in for less than a dollar.

On the issue of the keepers...that is the nature of this bracelet, however it is not nearly as much of an issue when the bracelet fits properly. When there is not so much of the strap hanging out, you can keep the keepers close together on the underside of your wrist and they are fine. It is much more of a problem when you have to spread the keepers way apart and have one way up high on the side of your wrist. With the new shorter strap, I think that most people will be just fine with the keepers.

Guys, please do not start sending in your bracelets just yet. I will let everyone know when we get close to landing the new Mesh Bracelets, and at that time, I will let you know where you can send your straps for an exchange.

In the meantime, if you want to post here if you intend to swap out your bracelet, I will be monitoring this thread.

Again, my sincere apologies to all who were upset about any of the above.

Peace, Love and All Good Things,
Larry

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Thanks Felix for the information.....

Those of us in the Stuhrling Nation knew ya'll woulld take care of things!!! :b

Ya'll are the best Felix.....

Hope to soon see what SO is going to have over the weekend!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

As I posted on another forum - All other TV brands could learn a lot about CS from Larry and Stuhrling.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Felix and Larry i have just over 7.5 inch wrist size and have a lot of extra strap that the keepers wont hold. Iam waiting for the strap as Iam sure will solve the length issue, but I would like to swap out the mesh for a smaller size thank you for taking care of this problem. The best to both of you.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

nottoshabbi wrote:
Ohh Sweet, cause this watch is HUGE on my wrist. Let me know, I will definitely be switching mine out.
This is a very very old post from back in 2010. These bracelets would have been made already, and should be available. I would give Stuhrling Orignal a call to ask about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.