Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my first new Swiss watch last NYE. It arrived today.
Alpina Alpiner Chronograph 4, AL860X5AQ6. It has an MSRP of $3795 which is just silly. End of year sales at Jomashop had it at 62% off for $1295.00 with free shipping. Then the last of 2015, there was an online coupon for 300 bucks off. So $995.00 with free shipping. Right now it is selling at 69% off t 1095.00
The watch itself is a nice with a heft 44mm case at 15mm thick. 2 chrono registers of seconds and minutes. The second register gives you your running seconds and the large second hand is your stop watch.
100 Meter water resistance so it’s is not dive watch.
Fairly nice leather strap with a rubbish pressed steel buckle. I will have to upgrade it.
It was still set to Eastern time but because of it’s 48 hour reserve (and the horrible bumping of the UPS van) it was still on time but an hour late for central.
Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....not a Glaschutte but you get a lot of watch for the money!! I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Nice pick up, and the price was certainly right!

Reactions: okcmco

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Sweet. I've been eyeing the white/blue model lately.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Beautiful Piece!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After wearing this watch for 24 hours, I'll say three things. It gets attention, it's quite a bit bigger than I thought, and it wears well for such a big watch

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Very nice. I think Alpina is a very underrated brand. Perhaps their MSRP is out of line, but solid value when bought right.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agreed 59yukon01. Long history. Good pilots watches. Under rated as well. But also agree that MSRP is a bit of a joke. So the price I paid for a brand new 4 Chrono was good to me

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that I see the cream color dial to put it on your wrist, I'm wondering if I bought the right one. That is beautiful

1 - 20 of 20 Posts