Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Watch Freek
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody here have one of theses? I read somewhere they feel closer to the original than the newer Rolex versions.

·
Watch Freek
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Off topic, but I recently watched Nobody’s Fool and loved it so much I watched it twice.
There are alot of folks on the Rolex Forum who are too young to even know who he is. They call him the "Ceasar Salad Dressing guy"lol.

·
Watch Freek
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is good info on the Daytona and the Alpha homage in this video below starting at 3:50.

·
1,492 Posts
I had one for a couple of months, its your typical hand winding Chinese Chronograph, the build was nice, it just didn't click with me... so off it went. I mean it wasn't a bad watch I just didn't connect with it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBPB

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,772 Posts
I will take a Breitling Navitimer over a Rolex "Paul Neuman" any day of the week, the only attraction the "Paul Neuman" it has from me is the big bucks when you flip it!

Reactions: FBPB

·
Watch Freek
68 Posts
Not to get off topic but if you are into car racing inspired watches with some heritage, while not at the same level as Rolex check out the Yema Rallygraf Mario Andretti model. It goes for a little over 2k I actually like the watch and considering it.

·
Super Moderator
12,939 Posts
Unfortunately never had one of these True, but definitely wouldn't mind
having one to tell the truth. 😄:) There's something about them with
the contrasts of the all stainless steel teaming up with those sub-dials
that is magical really ! o_O It's incredibly classy, as well as sporty, but
there's this really neat attitude they have.

Am thinking the Paul Newman connection probably has a lot to do
with it that's for sure. 😎So so cool !!! ..Thanks very very much for
the look sir, and the look at all of those ones actually guys !!!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,772 Posts
Hell, I like the looks of my Geckota over the "Paul Newman"!

·
Watch Freek
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
896 Posts
For me, it's toss up between the Omega Speedmaster and Zenith's El Primero / Chronomaster Sport.

I have always found the Daytona's face to be oddly out of proportion and the colour schemes often odd. So much so it looks ugly.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,772 Posts
For me, it's toss up between the Omega Speedmaster and Zenith's El Primero / Chronomaster Sport.

I have always found the Daytona's face to be oddly out of proportion and the colour schemes often odd. So much so it looks ugly.
My apologies to the Rolex "Paul Neuman" fans, this is about one of the most boring-looking Chronometers on the planet, I don't care how iconic you think it is!

Reactions: Robotaz and FBPB

·
Super Moderator
896 Posts
My apologies to the Rolex "Paul Neuman" fans, this is about one of the most boring-looking Chronometers on the planet, I don't care how iconic you think it is!
Having money does not mean you automatically have good taste...

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,772 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts