Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya watchfreeks !
I just found this watch on Fleabay, And it was so comical , i had to share it with you all.
Its called a "1949 MILITARY SOVIET RED ARMY NAVY KOMANDIRSKIE BIG WATCH". Its a mechanical i am sure , but was it at one time a alarm clock at bedside ??
Was it a travel clock? Maybe one of those older desk top wind up clocks and pen holder combo ? Was it Flava Flav's?
They say this "watch" is 65mm across , the crystal area alone is 58mm. It weighs 210grams , or a wee touch under a half pound.
Notice the 2 buttons on the crown side of the watch? I personally think they chopped the bells off the alarm clock and left the stubs .
If you look real close at the dial, you should note that the black inner dial is likely the true watch dial,and they probably glued it to the outer dial after coring it out some. The indices dont line up at all.
I thought it was cute , it gave me a genuine belly chuckle.
and its only $238.50 starting bid , plus 16.50 shipping from Lviv Ukraine .

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Actually kind of cool as a novelty item for a desk or shelf but obviously not at a wrist watch.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Mods Gone Wild....LOL

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But for 265.00! lol
Yeah , it would be desk or shelf material.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Where is Flavor-Flave when you need him. I would like to know his opinion on this one.

·
Registered
702 Posts
wow... if you need to bring your own coaster for your beer...that's the one to get

1 - 12 of 12 Posts