Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
L4322:
Whole damned fambly is gone Smart Watch crazy I tell ya!
Ironman Son and DIL wear Garmin. A daughter the Apple
Wife a FitBit. I'm surrounded.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I've been wearing an apple watch, almost daily, for a couple of years now and I absolutely enjoy it everyday; eat, sleep and play. It is, in my opinion, one of the most comfortable and functional watches I have ever owned.

I've got the 42mm SS edition and I have the OEM steel bracelet (which is AWESOME), the OEM mesh bracelet (nice but it's a air-puller) a black leather strap and five OEM rubber straps (black, blue, grey, white and green). I'm a big fan of the functionality the watch brings and while I keep most of the notifications turned off all of the other functions add value to me.

No photos....sorry.

·
Registered
333 Posts

I’ve actually owned all 3 series. I’ve passed the previous 2 down to my wife and my daughter. I’m really considering the Hermès model as I like the fact the Numerals go around the dial versus a circle in a square on the rest of the complications. If i do this, I’d have to my another one as I have 2 sons and I can’t justify giving one to one of them :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Llama4322

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Llama
Do you go arround in public thumping your watch
like it's a watermellon?
I'm ole school. Gotta own watches with pallet forks
hair springs. Reel watch components!
But to each his own. Its a big watch world out here

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I've been wearing an apple watch, almost daily, for a couple of years now and I absolutely enjoy it everyday; eat, sleep and play. It is, in my opinion, one of the most comfortable and functional watches I have ever owned.

I've got the 42mm SS edition and I have the OEM steel bracelet (which is AWESOME), the OEM mesh bracelet (nice but it's a air-puller) a black leather strap and five OEM rubber straps (black, blue, grey, white and green). I'm a big fan of the functionality the watch brings and while I keep most of the notifications turned off all of the other functions add value to me.

No photos....sorry.
That's the beauty of our hobby, we all have our personal preferences. I've been using Apple equipment since 2007 (and before that in 1982 - Apple ][+): iPhone (now the 7), iPad (9.7 Pro), iMac (27" with all the options) and AirPort Extreme.

Before the Apple Watch was launched I was considering one but my thoughts on it are exactly opposite to yours. I have my iPhone for notifications (which start to become annoying so I only kept the real important ones) and all the rest, well...... I don't miss that. I have a Garmin Vivofit (a gift) which I hardly use any more. I did the 10,000 steps per day challenge for quite a while but that gets boring :D

I consider the smartwatch not so much a watch but a wearable communication- and monitor device that happens to tell the time as well. I also looked at a Montblanc Summit but that thing is HUGE! Powered by Android and just a 'me too' device. Perhaps an updated, smaller, improved and more elegant version will do it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Not for me either I would rather not double up on my notifications it is not difficult to take my phone out of my pocket.
I don't see the need for them for me they are akin to toys totally unnecessary, with a built-in shelf life to boot.
Very clever marketing that is for sure, I think Apple could sell snow to the Inuits.

Personally I don't even buy quartz watches anymore it is mechanical all the way for me.

That's the beauty of this hobby, each to their own buy what you like and like what you buy, I never try to impress anyone with my purchases they are personal to me, if someone likes it that's cool, if not I won't lose any sleep.

Love and peace.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Reactions: smoggy333 and RickF
1 - 9 of 9 Posts