Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve been looking for a new dress watch in $150-$300 price range but also will look stand out on my wrist. I like classic design with Roman numeral, and 1 or 2 complications will be perfect for me. I just saw this new brand called Alvieri on Kickstarter and really impressed with their moon phase edition.

I really dig it, especially the moon phase edition. It is offered at $199. What do you think? Or maybe you have any other suggestions for affordable dress watch? Thanks.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,886 Posts
The purpose of a dress watch is to NOT stand out on your wrist.

That being said a Boschett Legacy might just be your ticket if you can live without the moonphase? The Boschett is also a mechanical, if that matters to you.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve been looking for a new dress watch in $150-$300 price range but also will look stand out on my wrist. I like classic design with Roman numeral, and 1 or 2 complications will be perfect for me. I just saw this new brand called Alvieri on Kickstarter and really impressed with their moon phase edition.

I really dig it, especially the moon phase edition. It is offered at $199. What do you think? Or maybe you have any other suggestions for affordable dress watch? Thanks.

Absolutely gorgeous watch !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The purpose of a dress watch is to NOT stand out on your wrist.

That being said a Boschett Legacy might just be your ticket if you can live without the moonphase? The Boschett is also a mechanical, if that matters to you.

I got what you meant. But I really like moonphase complication so I would prefer a watch with that complication. What do you think about Alvieri watch I mentioned above? or maybe do you have any other suggestions? Thanks..

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,886 Posts
I got what you meant. But I really like moonphase complication so I would prefer a watch with that complication. What do you think about Alvieri watch I mentioned above? or maybe do you have any other suggestions? Thanks..

I think the watch is nice looking and for $199 with a sapphire crystal is a deal, but I have a couple of questions, where is this watch assembled, and are you one of their representatives?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just signed up for two of the Alvieri, so obviously I was impressed. Nice design; looks to be good quality;sapphire;very reasonable price. There's always some risk with a Kickstarter watch, but you wouldn't be risking much.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,886 Posts
I just signed up for two of the Alvieri, so obviously I was impressed. Nice design; looks to be good quality;sapphire;very reasonable price. There's always some risk with a Kickstarter watch, but you wouldn't be risking much.
$200 is chump change to some, and an extravagance to others.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adriatica also make some cool moonphase watches - check them out
Thanks for the recommendation. I've just checked it and Adriatica A8134.1233QF looks very nice. But I can't find the price. Is it on my $150-$300 budget? It is chrono and Swiss made. I assume that it will be hard to get in my budget.

·
Long Time Member
1,096 Posts
I have one of his auto’s in my rotation , for the price and build the products he offers are quite nice . His moon phase even has an AR coated sapphire crystal and is quartz in operation .

·
Long Time Member
1,096 Posts
Oh boy I brought this back from the dead , sorry folks

Reactions: rh747m

·
Watch Freek
82 Posts
I have one moon phase watch and I relly like the looks of the complication but the one thing I hate is when it has been sitting for a while and I want to wear the watch but in a hurry it is a hassle having to set the correct phase of the moon, the month, day and date.

·
Senior Novice
3,284 Posts
Oh boy I brought this back from the dead , sorry folks
Nothing wrong with resurrecting old threads, imo. I've been caught off guard not noticing the dead before, I better at killing a thread than raising one.
I have one moon phase watch and I relly like the looks of the complication but the one thing I hate is when it has been sitting for a while and I want to wear the watch but in a hurry it is a hassle having to set the correct phase of the moon, the month, day and date. View attachment 132092
I had never considered that.
That would drive me crazy and find little wrist time, unless it was that particularly stunning piece you've presented.

·
Watch Freek
82 Posts
Nothing wrong with resurrecting old threads, imo. I've been caught off guard not noticing the dead before, I better at killing a thread than raising one.

I had never considered that.
That would drive me crazy and find little wrist time, unless it was that particularly stunning piece you've presented.
Thanks I like the aesthetics of the watch but it rarely gets any wrist time for the reason specified.

·
Senior Novice
3,284 Posts
Thanks I like the aesthetics of the watch but it rarely gets any wrist time for the reason specified.
I do like the quick set date features available today, even then I just prefer not to see a date on a dial, for the vast majority at least. Some seem to make the dial though, few they are (to me).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts