Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Watch Freek
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
looking at a aquaracer 300m calibre s ,not sure of the age of this watch seller knows little about it , it hasn't got the engraved instruction on the back and caf1110,engraved divers head yes ,front dial is gold ,cant find anything on the net ,any help appreciated,battery needs replacing ,mods please delete the other thread .thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,288 Posts
It’s puzzling when you can’t find out more about a watch right Peter?! 😯

At first I thought I had found the watch, it was more of a classic silver
dial I saw. And it had a silver bezel, but the concentric circles were a
bit different honestly. ..They did not take up the entire dial as the one
you are showing does. Also the inner bezel ring is stainless, not black
as it is on the one you are looking at.

Oh, and can’t say as to the engravings on the case-back, but the
number on this one below is CAF7011.FT8011.

It’s a real mystery it seems Peter. But hopefully someone here, or
out there can lend a helping hand. Or some insight.

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
looking at a aquaracer 300m calibre s ,not sure of the age of this watch seller knows little about it , it hasn't got the engraved instruction on the back and caf1110,engraved divers head yes ,front dial is gold ,cant find anything on the net ,any help appreciated,battery needs replacing ,mods please delete the other thread .thank you
The one being offered to you for sale is likely a fake.

Maybe it is an older model and they changed the caseback, but the quality of the caseback in your photo looks far from what TAG Heuer normally make (even my 1992 TAG looks better that the one you posted).

From Chrono24 here is what the back of that watch should look like, notice the 3D look of the helmet and the way the texts / information is arranged:

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Material property

Here is the listing on Chrono24 so you can compare the images: TAG Heuer Aqua Racer Calibre S Chronograph CAF7010 Divers... for $810 for sale from a Seller on Chrono24

·
Watch Freek
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you ,from the brief info search I did im thinking the same ,for this type of watch the am pm engraving has to be there ,and on this its not im going to see it today ,but as you say its probably fake plus it don't work ,so unless he sorts the battery out then its a no go .thanks for the info forum is top notch as usual .

·
Super Moderator
17,288 Posts
thank you ,from the brief info search I did im thinking the same ,for this type of watch the am pm engraving has to be there ,and on this its not im going to see it today ,but as you say its probably fake plus it don't work ,so unless he sorts the battery out then its a no go .thanks for the info forum is top notch as usual .
update deffo a fake ,probably it would tell the time but the rest was just looky likey,.thanks again guys appreciate your help.
You are very welcome, and yes, it looks like FBPB broke the bad news. 😄
A lot of times when you, or we can't find anything on a watch, it usually
means one of two things. ..Either it is extremely rare, and limited. Or it
is in fact a fake unfortunately. With the latter often being the much more
common of the two possibilities. 🙁

The silver lining, or lemonade you made out of these lemons, is the fact
that you had the truth revealed before you bought the watch. (y)

So in reality, things worked out Peter ! 🙂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts