Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well I sent back another watch that I got for Christmas so that I could pay for a watch that I have wanted for some time. IMHO Accutron makes some of the best automatic watches in the industry. I already own the VX200 Chronograph (Coke Bezel), but I also wanted the all black 3 hand. Here is the stock photo. I will try and post some wrist pics when it arrives. That is if I can get my camera back from the pawn shop because I had to hauk it to pay for watches J/K LOL!! My only worry is that this watch is not coming in the original wood lacquer box, but rather in an aftermarket cheap cardboard box. Other then that I'm totally excited to receive my second Accutron VX200. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Congrats on that one Bro! I just got it recently from Fractionprice for one heck of a deal. Love the piece! A great all around watch.............. classy, elegant and yet maintains a casual look as well. The eta 2824 is of course smmoooooooth!!! Wear it well.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Congrats on that one Bro! I just got it recently from Fractionprice for one heck of a deal. Love the piece! A great all around watch.............. classy, elegant and yet maintains a casual look as well. The eta 2824 is of course smmoooooooth!!! Wear it well.
Thanks Arnie. I sent back the SL Lapis to help pay for this. My wife liked the Lapis more then I did so she made me order it for Christmas. When it got here it just did nothing for me. The Lapis just looked like a dull blue finish. The movement was also very choppy. I guess I expected more out of a Swiss Movement. Did your Accutroncome in the original black lacquer box?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
Thanks Arnie. I sent back the SL Lapis to help pay for this. My wife liked the Lapis more then I did so she made me order it for Christmas. When it got here it just did nothing for me. The Lapis just looked like a dull blue finish. The movement was also very choppy. I guess I expected more out of a Swiss Movement. Did your Accutroncome in the original black lacquer box?
Congrats, Guru!

The CL888 is a 21,600 vph movement, the same as a Miyota. ETA 2824-2 is a 28,800 vph movement. The extra 7200 vibrations per hour make a big difference in "smoothness". I still want an Oceanaire with the CL888, but I have a max price I'll pay. In all forthrightness, Claro Semag's 888 meets Swiss Federation guidelines, but it's basically a chinese seagull movement. ETA may or may not source a percentage of it's parts from asia, but it's a little different ballgame.

When Miyota comes out with their 28,800 vph movement, I imagine it will be very smooth, too. I think ETA will still be considered "better", whatever that means...

All things being equal, I put ETA above Sellita and Sellita above Claro Semag.

Miyota is the workhorse, kind of a Chevy. Not as sexy, but probably keeps as good time, especially if regulated.

JMO

Enjoy the Accutron! Crazy deal. Did you get the Gemini, too?

David

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

argabright wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
Congrats, Guru!

The CL888 is a 21,600 vph movement, the same as a Miyota. ETA 2824-2 is a 28,800 vph movement. The extra 7200 vibrations per hour make a big difference in "smoothness". I still want an Oceanaire with the CL888, but I have a max price I'll pay. In all forthrightness, Claro Semag's 888 meets Swiss Federation guidelines, but it's basically a chinese seagull movement. ETA may or may not source a percentage of it's parts from asia, but it's a little different ballgame.

When Miyota comes out with their 28,800 vph movement, I imagine it will be very smooth, too. I think ETA will still be considered "better", whatever that means...

All things being equal, I put ETA above Sellita and Sellita above Claro Semag.

Miyota is the workhorse, kind of a Chevy. Not as sexy, but probably keeps as good time, especially if regulated.

JMO

Enjoy the Accutron! Crazy deal. Did you get the Gemini, too?

David
You know I missed out on all the deals at Hautelook.com so I ended up ordering from Overstock.com. I paid a little more, but I' okay with that. My only concern is that Overstock.com won't send the wood laquer box, but rather the cheap cardboard box. The weight on the shipment is only 1 pound so I'm guessing I got screwed out of the original box. Oh well beggers can't be choosers I guess.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Does anybody know if Overstock.com purchases watches from WOW? It appears that this watch is shipping from Hollywood, Florida which tells me that it is coming from WOW. Has anybody purchased this particular watch from WOW? I know that others have said they received defective ones from WOW. Also if anybody got there Accutron VX200's from WOW do they remember if they arrived in the wood lacquer box or in the aftermarket cardboard box?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

As you know, I bought my ORIS from the big O and it shipped from NY NY... I presume it was "drop-shipped" from an Oris AD. My Accutrons came from Fractionprice (Lior's Site) and shipped from FL...

BOTH came with full packaging (lacquer boxes) in PERFECT and BRAND NEW condition.

I think you're gonna LOVE IT!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

argabright wrote:
As you know, I bought my ORIS from the big O and it shipped from NY NY... I presume it was "drop-shipped" from an Oris AD. My Accutrons came from Fractionprice (Lior's Site) and shipped from FL...

BOTH came with full packaging (lacquer boxes) in PERFECT and BRAND NEW condition.

I think you're gonna LOVE IT!
I'm hoping that I have the same luck as you LOL!!! 1 pound seems pretty light if it is coming in the original presentation box. I'm crossing my fingers. I will keep everybody updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.