Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well since the original post disappeared I will start a new one about the watch I just purchased from ericf4. I was lucky enough to score the watch that I have wanted for a long time. I just wanted to thank Eric for allowing me the opportunity to purchase this beautiful timepiece from him. I will post Eric's photos with his permission from our conversation earlier because I have not yet received the watch. IMHO this is a coveted timepiece by any serious watch collectors. I have talked with several jewelers about the Accutron VX-200 Chronograph with the ETA Valjoux 7750 and all of them have told me what a fine timepiece it is. Here are Eric's photos from his earlier post. Please enjoy this beautiful timepiece.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

congrats my friend. I knew you wanted this watch. Can't wait to see it on your wrist.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
congrats my friend. I knew you wanted this watch. Can't wait to see it on your wrist.
Thanks James. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how excited I am. I will now officially be in the NBZ for a long time, but it is well worth it when you score the watch that you have been seeking for a long time. :b

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

I'm really glad you got the watch! I'm wearing his "little brother" as I type this (my long-ballyhooed 2824 version, LOL)

I hope you absolutely LOVE it! Congrats on the Accutron you REALLY wanted and your first 7750.

Wear it in good health!

David

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

argabright wrote:
I'm really glad you got the watch! I'm wearing his "little brother" as I type this (my long-ballyhooed 2824 version, LOL)

I hope you absolutely LOVE it! Congrats on the Accutron you REALLY wanted and your first 7750.

Wear it in good health!

David
Thanks David. The 2824-2 is also a very beautiful timepiece. Your right though I have wanted a 7750 for quite a while. Even better I wanted it in this exact watch.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

It's great when it all sort of works out, huh? Congratulations again.

I'm really happy you got it.

David

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Congrats....You picked up a great watch and I love that bezel...Wear it well...:ban

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I feel like a kid again waiting to open up a Christmas present come Christmas morning. I know a little over the top, but it's the truth.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Congrats Rob! That is simply stunning. Enjoy your Accutron VX-200 and wear it in good health. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

What a phenominal piece! That is a classic and one that everyone should have in their collection. Someday I'll get one too. Wear it in good health!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Does anybody else have this watch in their collection? Again I'm so stoked to get this. Thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
imported post

I really wish i could afford a piece like that.But sadly that wont happen for quite awhile.But thats what dreams are for .
ken

·
Registered
6 Posts
imported post

I wondered who got that! Congrats on that score. You have a fine timepiece coming your way. I know you will enjoy it and wear it well.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

You know the thought occured to me that in the title of the thread it was listed as a Pepsi bezel and actually it's a COKE bezel. The coke bezel is black and red and the Pepsi bezel is blue and red. Just a thought. Sorry for being anal on things!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
You know the thought occured to me that in the title of the thread it was listed as a Pepsi bezel and actually it's a COKE bezel. The coke bezel is black and red and the Pepsi bezel is blue and red. Just a thought. Sorry for being an$! on things!
No your fine. I was educated on that yesterday. It is the "Coke" bezel. Tomato/tomato. Ha Ha

:lol

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Dale wrote:
I wondered who got that! Congrats on that score. You have a fine timepiece coming your way. I know you will enjoy it and wear it well.
It was me, Yeah!!! I'm not gloating I'm just very happy. Smiling from cheek to cheek.

:c:b:)

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

stien57 wrote:
I really wish i could afford a piece like that.But sadly that wont happen for quite awhile.But thats what dreams are for .
ken
To be honest with you I can't afford it either. I used what was left in my savings account to pick it up. I'm going to tell my kids that Santa died in sleigh crash somewhere in the North Pole. Ha Ha LOL!! No J/K. I actually got all my bills paid first and set aside all the Christmas money and then made the purchase. I won't be purchasing another watch for quite some time.

The way I look at it is like this. You can buy 6-7 watches that kind of tickle your fancy or you can spend the money on one that you have wanted for a long time. I actually wasn't going to pull the trigger when I first talked with Eric about it, but then it just sat in my head for 3 days. It was funny because I sent him a PM on friday telling him that I wanted it and unbeknownst (SP?) to me he had just barely put it up for sale on this forum and several others. Eric was already in negotiations with several others about it, but being the classy guy that he is he allowed me to buy it from him b/c I had expressed an interest in it first.

I know Eric is probably sick ofme publicly telling people what a good guy he is, but I can say this. If you want to purchase a watch from a stand up guy. He's the man. I will put in a plug for him on this forum b/c he deserves it. He has other watches for sale on this forum. Eric has a reputation of buying nice watches and taking good care of them. We spoke on the phone prior to me purchasing the watch and I could tell right off the bat that he is good guy. I have bought watches from other people and you could tell they were just using their salesman charm, but I didn't get this impression at all from him. Anyhow I'm totally stoked to receive this watch and thanks for looking at it.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
lol, I am just happy that youre happy!!! Now ill move onto another new one for me :)
Let me know when you get it. I'm not sure you will find one that will hold up to the one you sold me, Ha Ha LOL!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts