Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Christopher Ward C8 Regulator a few weeks ago. It has a Unitas 6498 manual movement that ran slow right out of the box. It was loosing a minute about every two hours.
Fast forward, after two weeks advancing the regulator and watching the time, it's is now loosing approximately 2 minutes in a 24 hour period. Wither I wear it or not in my rotation, I wind it and adjust the time every evening after work. It seems to keep no better or worse time than my grandfathers 113 year old Waltham pocket watch. Is this considered an acceptable range of accuracy for this movement?

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
No it's not. I would get in touch with them, if it's still under warranty, and have them fix it.

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
7,651 Posts

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
‘BUY WITH CONFIDENCE...GUARANTEED’

There are two parts to our unique, industry leading Guarantee under our CW360 Customer Care Programme:
60 DAY FREE RETURNS

Our success depends on you being completely happy with your Christopher Ward watch. If for any reason you aren’t, you have up to 60 days to return your watch FREE of charge and receive a replacement or full refund by return without any quibbles or excuses from us.
60 MONTH (5 YEARS) MOVEMENT GUARANTEE

Your watch has premium grade high precision Swiss made movement at its heart so it’s unlikely to go wrong. However, if it does develop a mechanical fault within five years we will be happy to repair or replace it. Guaranteed.
Here’s what one of our American customers, Gene Bricker of Euless, Texas recently had to say about the Guarantee:
“I’m here to testify how great the Guarantee is. I purchased a Henley recently. After wearing it for a short time, I came to the conclusion it was too large for my wrist. It’s a beautiful watch;just not for me. I returned it for a prompt, full refund – no questions asked. Now I’ll be looking for another Christopher Ward watch , perhaps a forthcoming model. I’d like to see something a bit thinner. I’d even go for a manual wind watch, as long as it’s an automatic."
"Christopher Ward - great company. Buy with confidence”

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a feeling it wasn't acceptable, but had to ask the experts here.
Yes I opened it, because I was hoping that I could regulate it enough and avoid sending it back to the UK or across country for repair.
I bought this watch from a prior owner CW collector in London, never worn, never used, in original box with tags and authenticity cards; about $450 below price on CW page. I think at this point I will admire and wear it for a little longer, than take it to a watch repair for adjustment or what ever it needs.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Reactions: cmann_97 and Roarry

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Always wondered.. Manual wind automatic
Would it be like my Baume auto, but winds with out crown being pulled
I also have a Jean Richard Paramount, power reserve jr1010 movement that does the same

I scored a Grail .. Manual wind. Gorgeous with such decoration.
I found it ran so fast it would deplete in 8 hours.

I figured it was magnetized
Sent it back.. Regret it still

Love to see your pics. That movement by the way is bullet proof. Local time keeper can demagogue and fix you right up if you don't want to send over seas

·
Registered
3 Posts
:)
Thank you Roarry for sharing the picture. What does #3 mean. How can you lay a watch vertically with the crown up?
Make a loop with the strap or bracelet just as if you had it on your wrist. Put it on a flat surface crown up. Shim the strap or bracelet with a folded paper towel for an exact level position. Done

Of course you could always use a steel jaw vise and a level---- :) :)

johnny

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
232 Posts
RE:Cward accuracy

Had very good results dealing directly with CW. My watch was losing 2 minutes a day. Sent back (England - 65.00 shipping) ......They emailed me as soon as they received it, and kept me constantly updated...now running within 6 secs day.
Great customer service!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts